icon

AutoCommand Add-On Remote Starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Smithwesson625 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2003 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone help me with this?  I am having problems wiring the bypass because I cant find my IGN 3 and I think I need a 30-Amp relay but I'm not sure if that is what I need or not. 
Smithwesson625 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2003 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  

and im installing this into a 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe

Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2003 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

WHat do you mean?

You should have this:

Ign 1 = pink
Ign 2 = white
Accy  1 = orange
Accy 2 = brown
Starter = yellow

Then you also need to bypass the passlock 2. 

If this doesn't help, please provide more information and what type of bypass you are using.

Smithwesson625 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2003 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

I am using a DesignTech bypass and I have it installed but I have 2 wires that are supposed to go to the IGN 3 but I don't know what that is so the wires are just hanging there right now.  In the directions it says this : "WHITE/ GREEN to WHITEBLACK IGN 3 output from car starter (or to constant negative ground output when remote starter is activated).*(See page 12 if you do not have an IGN 3 wire).  Then on page 12 it tells me how to install a Bosch type 30 Amp relay.  I don't have a clue on whether or not I have a IGN 3 wire so that is my main problem. 

I am using an Universal Alarm Bypass Module (model # 20402) and a AutoCommand Add-On remote car starter (model # 25522).  Both of these are Design Tech products. Thank you for your help 

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 11, 2003 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

Just like it says.... it's looking for an output from the remote starter, an output that gives out a ground while the remote starter is on.  Many manufacturers have a different name for this type of output, but "ignition 3" is a common name for it.  I've never messed with anything from Designtech, but any quality remote start should have an output like the one described.

Going from the instructions you have.......does the Designtech remote start have a WHITE/ black wire?  If so, what does the install manual have to say about this wire?  What is its function?

Smithwesson625 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2003 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
I already told you what the WHITE/ black wire is used for but I do not know if my vehicle has an IGN 3 wire. 
cruzinlow66 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2003 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  

Seems to be getting a little confusing.  Let me add my 2 cents.  The bypass module is looking for a ground to activate it from the remote start module as stated above.  It is not looking for a connection to the vehicle wiring(and there is not an "IGN3" for that vehicle).  However, the 25522 starter does not have a negative output for this purpose.  If the 2 wires hanging are for powering the bypass module, one must be grounded and the power must be tapped from an ignition output from the remote start and isolated from the actual ignition wire with relays.  Don.

Smithwesson625 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2003 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
I have figured out how to solve this problem. A Bosch 30 amp relay to create an IGN 3 and connect it to that. thank you

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic