icon

2001 Mustang & Remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
SlowCobra 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2003 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  

I am trying to install a remote starter on the GF's car.  It is a Bulldog Security RS1200e remote starter going in to a 2001 Mustang.  The problem I am having is that a) I can not locate the GRN/PNK(so Bulldog claims) Factory alarm wire to tap in to.  I have searched every wiring harness in the DR kick panel and found nothing but razor sharp sheet metal and a loss of my patience.  Perhaps I dont even need to hook this stupid thing up?!?!  The car will turn over very briefly, 1-2 secs max, but will not fire.  It does this 3 times and then stops trying.  If I start the car and engage the "pit stop" mode it will stay running with the keys out of the ignition(what it is suppose to do).  Do I need to hook up the FASD or is that not the issue.  Velocity Motors responded to another post that sounded similar to my problem and said to convert it to tach mode. 

Someone please help me before I burn the car to the ground!!!!  :-) 

Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2003 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  

1) Lock the doors with the windows open and close all the doors.  Wait a few minutes and open the door from the INSIDE and see if the alarm goes off.  If not you likely don't need that wire.

2) Your car has a PATS immobilzer.  You will need get a bypass kit for it.  This will solve your problem.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic