Remote Start & Alarm 2000 Civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
victimizer8 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2003 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

It is my first time installing a remote start system this weekend.  I just purchased a DEI Avital 3300 Remote Start & Security System.  I have several questions regarding the remote start install. 

The right hand side 6 pin remote start harness has Six wires and here are the two that i have trouble identifying:

Blue: programmable output (-) 200mA Status/Factory Rearm Output

Blue/Black:  Vehicle Third Ignition Wire (-) 200mA Optional Third ignition Output

The left hand side 5 pin Remote start harness has five wires and here are a few that i have trouble identifying:

Yellow:  (+) Ignition Input to alarm, ZONE 5

Pink:  (-) 200mA First and Second Ignition Relay TURN-ON

Orange:  (-) 200mA Accessory Relay TURN-ON

Purple:  (-) 200mA Starter Relay TURN-ON

Thank You in advance

-James

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 11, 2003 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  

The blue and blue/black behave in almost the same way as a default, but you can program one of them to do other things.......their functions are explained pretty well in the install manual............ but at any rate, neither wire will be necessary in your Civic.

The other 5-pin plug goes to the long ribbon cable, which is all pre-wired to the relay pack.  While it might be fun to observe all the connections and learn just how the relays work..... it is not necessary to know this information to get the thing installed, since it is all pre-wired anyway.

victimizer8 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2003 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  

okay.  so i dont need to hook up the Blue and the Blue/Black wire for the 6 pin harness.

so what do i do with the Yellow, Pink, Orange, and Purple wire from the 5 pin harness?  do i need it?

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2003 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
Just plug the 5-pin harness into the brain.   Those wires trigger the relays which power the ignition, acc, and starter wires.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic