icon

2001 ford explorer sport, alarm problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
newbie102 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  

I have a problem with the alarm arming. I start the car, put the car in drive or reverse, doors lock, then alarm arms and goes off when proceding to drive. It use to lock the doors when putting it in drive or reverse but not arm the alarm.

Wife was driving it and lifted her leg up and kicked some wires, sounds like i have a loose wire. I just dont know what wire would be loose or what the wire is called the controls this issue. I would hate to drop it all down and have to check it all. Thanks for any help!!

Factory alarm, add-on remote start(valet 561r)

rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2007 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
I would check your connection to the ingnition wire from your alarm brain.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
So you have seperate remote start/alarm peices? Using one to control the other?
newbie102 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
vehicle had ford factory alarm, then i put the valet 561r for the remote start. I use the 561r remote to control everything. Never had problems before, with the 561r installed. Yes they are separte. Thanks for the help so far.
newbie102 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
i hope thats what you meant as far as separte.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like your factory alarm is being triggered.  The 561r is a standalone remote start system.  Firs thing I would check is the arm wire and disarm wire of the 561r.  The 561r gives a pulse to disarm your factory alarm.  Make sure that connection is solid.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
what happens if you unlock with the factory remote and then remote start with the valet- what happens when shifting gears? If nothing- its the valet disarm wire loose or something. If it still goes off it is something going on with the factory stuff
newbie102 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
i would think that i would be with the factory alarm because im not even using the remote start at all. Im using the factory ignition key to start it, once i put it in gear and the doors lock (factory default), the alarm arms itself. Then goes off when sensor is hit.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2007 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
there is no shock sensor on the factory ford alarm. you may have an aftermarket alarm causing the problem
newbie102 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
i thought it was a ford factory alarm, its says ford on the brain. But im still learning so what do i know. Aftermarket ford alarm? Anyways im going to mess with it right now. Thanks for all the help so far, i will post back on solution.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic