icon

hand tools that stand up to daily use?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
s_p_n_k_r_07 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2007 at 5:53 AM / IP Logged  

I have a Bluepoint Meter, and I mix and match my leads.  For in car wire hunting I have an off brand ground lead from the snap-on truck that has a magnetic disconnect a few inches from the test probe that saves a ton of profanity and anger when looking for a ground, no more looking for something that fits inside the jaws of an alligator clip.  (I love that lead more than life itself)   for my positive I have pomona lead that has a slightly funkier probe tip interchange but the long insulated sharp probe is amazing so I use that for the serching and the magnet for the ground.    When doing anything that requires more acuracy or confidence in my leads I use the pomona set for both.

My Sku is an actual "SKU" brand right angle piece I have never had any issues with it and its been around for about 3 years now.... and I will never return to milwakee after seeing what it did to my old seniors hand when the plastic gears locked up while mounting a rear speaker in a camry.  (I know it says no power tool use on the box but I'm not trying to self tap anything by hand)  

I use Kleins for my cutter/crimper, only because the wider ones off the snap-on truck are too expencive to lose like I do and now that I've been using them for 7 years I sorta like the narrow jaws.    

I have bluepoint and snap-on panel popper sets and both have their strong points but never had any quality issues with either.

I have all snap-on ratchets for quality reasons, but my socket sets are all S&K and some craftsman for my 1/2" drive stuff I almost never use.

For screw drivers I have a few snap-on sets at different lengths and sizes because I'm a sucker for trays and the name on the handle but I've been using the Husky Pro series they have black rubber handles and red writing. I bought it as a 20 something piece set for $19.95 a few years ago and they are killer, the tips last a while and they are comfortable to use. I've bought 4 of the sets to date and I think the last one was $28.00 but thats $110.00 less than my snap-on set with 15 more tools.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic