icon

99 mistubishi galant es, python 571xp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lv2xlr8 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
I'm going to get this installed in my mom's car as a present and I just had a few questions:
What can I have programed for the 2 AUX outputs?
Do I have to leave the A/C/Heat on (when I leave the car) if I want the car to be cool/warm when I get back?
Hows the range on them? Is it really 1000 feet?
Does it matter that I have a keyless entry already installed? (it's a rather crappy one considering the range is less than 30ft)
Can I get a remote trunk release?
Any other things I should know for a first time buyer?
Oh and the unit will be installed at Circuit City and I know I posted one topic about this but this is a different car and a different unit since a change of plans and I won't be getting that Camry as planned.
Thanks for your time.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2007 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
it does get 100 feet.
The aux one can be trunk pop, and maybe headlight activation.
doesnt matter for the existing keyless. you will get keyless with the new one. if its aftermarket keyless i'd take it out.
have circuit city hook up the tach wire, hood pin and kill switch. some installers do not use these features. For the hood pin try to get a mercury tilt one. the one it comes with will eventually rust out.
Have starter kill hooked up this will kill starter and provide anti grind for remote start. Make sure all wiring is soldered and taped up with the module hidden well.
yes you can leave the temp settings on whatever you want for the car to start with.
lv2xlr8 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2007 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
The keyless is from Mitsubishi.
So I have to ask them to install the features? I don't understand why they wouldn't especially about the mercury hood pin? It seems like I'd be telling them how to do their job.   
What can I have for my AUX outputs? Is a trunk release an option b/c there is some issue with the trunk release inside the car and it won't open unless you manually open it with the key.
So I have to leave my temp settings before I leave the car? Does it cause strain on the car for it to be started and automatically have the heat or A/C running?
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  

If you open your trunk with the key then you dont have a trunk pop.  If youd like that feature you would get an aftermarket trunk popper installed(more money).  Now, if you do have a trunk popper but its not working then most likely the aftermarket alarm wont work either.  As for leaving your car in the automatic heat or Ac running you would need not to worry.  It should work just fine.  Remember the AC is run through ACC not during crank which is when the car needs the most power to turn on.  Once the vehicle is on it would be ok because the alternator takes over.  As for the mercury switch I dont think they would give you one.  You would probably be charged extra for that.  You could just purchase one seperately and do it yourself as it does not take too much knowledge to install.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2007 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  
Dear Enice you have far more patoence with some of these questions than I would! If person is having it installed at Circuit City let him drive them mad, also trunk pop reminds me of people with wind-up windows seriously asking for window close  OR the number of BMW, Jag, Vauxhall (Opel) etc owners knowing nothing about total close. RTFM!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic