icon

mtx thunder 2300x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shorgasm 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2007 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  

I'n thinking of picking up one of these to run my 2 Alpine R 12's..they are SVC 4ohm in a sealed enclosure.

I was running an Alpine MRV1002 with the 12's @2ohm load and then bridged..I know I know..bad idea for the Alpine at that low of a load but she worked for 2 years.Finally lost all output..still powers on but nothing.Actually stays on period..lawls.What a shame..took a beating.

I have read good things about the older 2300x but I question its ability to deliver RMS what the Alpine did in it's configuration when it gave up.

is this going to provide enough power for them?

cobhc88 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2007 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
I'm running one right now...a 2300x. It's going through a single Rockford P3 12" in a ported box. she pounds pretty decent man. This thing can definitely deliver some power. I hear a lot of the time they're severely underrated. This weekend I plan on measuring the wattage by myself with my friend's multimeter.
[pXc]
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 23, 2007 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
ALpine type R's do not come in single coil configurations
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2007 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
the 2300x is only stable to 4 ohm mono, just like the Rockford amp you just blew...it will not play in 2 ohm mono, you will have to run 4 ohm stereo...
the 2300x is a great amp, and capable of delivering nice clean A/B power...I have run MTX forever and still have some of the original 2300s that preceded the 2300x...the x has a better crossover but doesnt quite put out the 1000W that Ive benchtested the original 2300 for...
as far as "keeping up" to the RMS output of the Alpine, shake your head...the 2300x will out power your 1002...and keep going, just not at 2 ohm mono...and the 2300x capacitors are larger than the ones Alpine used to use, so there will be much less bogging out on long hard bass notes...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic