the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

compustar 2wssr 2nd remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 08, 2007 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  

Watersurgeon wrote:
KarTuneMan wrote:
Watersurgeon: What does tech support have to say?  Ray and the guys are usually right on!
Unfortunately we don't deal with them as we purchase the units through a third party.

Shame on you! LoLcompustar 2wssr 2nd remote - Page 2 -- posted image.

audiopete 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2007 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  

i just want to say on the 2wssr .ive seen units that were bought from ebay had the same problem alot of the older 2wssr are still floating around  the ones they had problems with . i would recomend going with  compustar 2W900FM-AS 2 ways

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 08, 2007 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
audiopete wrote:

i just want to say on the 2wssr .ive seen units that were bought from ebay had the same problem alot of the older 2wssr are still floating around  the ones they had problems with . i would recomend going with  compustar 2W900FM-AS 2 ways

This is true. When I was repping the product, my first 2 months, all I heard about was the 2wss.

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2007 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
the old 2wss had lots of issues/quirks, the 2w900fm's are nice easy to use. We haven't had any problems yet except a few like to eat batteries. As far as the lcd's screens cracking easy, well they are all (lcd's remotes)sensitve, but you can get the protective case for them also from compustar.
protools23 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2007 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
Just let you know that we have a new kid in the block:
Pro 2WSSW
So who has the guts to test it first?compustar 2wssr 2nd remote - Page 2 -- posted image.
protools23 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2007 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
link correction:
Pro2WSSR
(Didn't find the EDIT button)
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2007 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  

Your answer for the 1 way being able to program to the 2wss-as or s or a is yes. BUT you have to have a blue sticker on your antenna to be able to program both remote. AND have to have a recent version for what ever brain you are installing. Period.

Compustar is on their 2 gen. And yeah. Can't wait to test and test.

"dont ground out!"
Watersurgeon 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2007 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
dswift wrote:

Your answer for the 1 way being able to program to the 2wss-as or s or a is yes. BUT you have to have a blue sticker on your antenna to be able to program both remote. AND have to have a recent version for what ever brain you are installing. Period.

Finally a constructive answer. Thanks Dswift. I checked the antenna and the sticker is Black. What is the latest vs. # for the brain. I can't remember where vs.# is located. Is it on the back or in the door? Either way we have to spend some time in the dash to get to it. Thanks again for your input.
Here is an interesting question. Will the new Pro units use the same wiring plugs as the old units? In other words can you just plug in a new brain and replace the antenna as opposed to a complete reinstall?
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2007 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
As long as its a pro to start with it will plug into a pro or a 4200 series brain. The regular line has a little different harness.
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2007 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
Well its actaully a easy install. The main harness on cm-4000 CN1 is the same as the CN1 on the cm-3000. The CN2 on the pro is different. Take the wire you need out of the Connector with a pick tool and connect them to your Pro harness. Discard the wire your replacing off the pro unit. Easy just look at both schematics and its a breeze. 30 minutes tops. Well that how long i took. word
"dont ground out!"
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic