icon

autopage lock outputs dual polarity?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mudc-k-r 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2007 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

I installed an autopage RS-620 and the instructions say that the door lock are dual polarity but when I test the wries for the unit with my multimeter they both show (+) when the respective lock/unlock button is pressed. I require a (-) multistage resistance pulse for the 1997 plymouth grand voyager and if I don't have to invert the signal with relays that would be great. Can anyone shed some light on this....is it a transistor based auto sense??? I don't just want to throw on a ground for the locks when I have + 12v from the unit and fry the brain........if anyone can help that would be great.

Thanksautopage lock outputs dual polarity? - Last Post -- posted image.

mudc-k-r

fkelsey 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2007 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
Does that model have the 6 pin lock harness? If so the violet lock wire and the violet and red unlock wire need to be grounded and then the blue and green wire will throw a negative trigger.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 16, 2007 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

Built in lock relays. Read the install manual. zthe wires on the harness are like pins from a relay controlled internally. (no pin's 85 or 86)

N.O. pin 87

N.C. 87a

Common 30

LOCK WHITE/ lt.green or WHITE/ red In driver's kick or BCM   - 
 The Body Control Module (BCM) is located behind the fusebox under the driver's side of the dash, against the firewall. These wires are located in the plug on the left side. A negative pulse through a 1500 ohm resistor will lock the doors and a negative pulse through a 250 ohm resistor will unlock the doors. If the vehicle is equipped with a factory alarm, substitute a 4020 ohm resistor to arm/lock the doors and a 665 ohm resistor to disarm/unlock the doors. Relays should be used, see the DOORLOCK diagram.
 UNLOCK WHITE/ lt.green or WHITE/ red In driver's kick or BCM   - 
 The Body Control Module (BCM) is located behind the fusebox under the driver's side of the dash, against the firewall. These wires are located in the plug on the left side. A negative pulse through a 1500 ohm resistor will lock the doors and a negative pulse through a 250 ohm resistor will unlock the doors. If the vehicle is equipped with a factory alarm, substitute a 4020 ohm resistor to arm/lock the doors and a 665 ohm resistor to disarm/unlock the doors. Relays should be used, see the DOORLOCK diagram.

mudc-k-r 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2007 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
Well thank for the good advice but I contacted auto page and t< color=#0000ff >he RS-620 has a bi-polar door lock system. Which means when you press the lock button on the transmitter the green lock wire will pulse a negative signal and when you hit the unlock button the blue unlock wire will give an negative signal. In the event you need a positive door lock outputs you would reverse the wires like so. The blue wire will be your lock positive and the green wire will be your unlock positive. So when you press the lock button the blue wire will give you a positive lock signal and when you press the unlock button the green wire will give you a positive unlock signal. There is no programming necessary for this, just simply reverse your wire connections for the green and blue. I also had run two seperate relays to my single wire door lock system, just because the unit cannot supply a resistive output. This setup works great if you are not using a single wire lock system. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic