icon

siren keep sounding off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Atl_monte 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2007 at 6:14 AM / IP Logged  

Have a hornet alarm on my 86 Chevrolet truck, alarm was already installed when I purchased the truck, I use to think it was only keyless entry because of no siren but workin on the truck noticed a siren(Cliford siren) installed but not working aplied power to it noticed it worked, went back to the alarm brain and noticed that the siren out put wasn't connected attempt to connect the output to the siren but when I did so the siren constantly sounds not at full blast as it would if the alarm was triggered just barely but constantly and thats if the alarm is armed or disarmed it just constantly sounds, what could cause this and whats a possible solution?

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 18, 2007 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
That is usually a sign of a bad ground. Either on the brain, or the siren itself.
Atl_monte 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2007 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
regrounded both the brain and the siren still the same problem..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic