clifford concept 600 with trunk popper?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steven3002 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2007 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  

okay its working...and it worked first time too lol

just waitng on those diodes now ...i wont use the dash switch incase i fry something

would you place the diodes in each feed to the motor?   

fkelsey 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2007 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I would just to be safe it never hurts.
fkelsey 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2007 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
Yup never hurts.
steven3002 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2007 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  

right more issuesclifford concept 600 with trunk popper? - Page 2 -- posted image.

firstly the boot popper still operates via the alarm remote when armed, i thought it shouldnt work when armed incase i hit the remote when walking away?

second issue...i fitted a diode in each wire that feed the popper ( 1 switch / 1 from alarm relay)   when i opperate the pop the diodes get hot and puff some smoke

the diodes i used are  IN4004   after thinking about  it , i assume they cannot handle the 10-15amps the boot pop needs , what did you have in mind when you suggested i run diodes?

fkelsey 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2007 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah that is my fault I wasn't thinking until this post and I realized that you were using your 12 volt lead to pop your trunk. The one amp diodes are too small for that the good news is that they are really not needed since you are using a relay. The one amps would work if you were using a low amp ground. As for the only making it work you can take the relay off of constant 12 volts and hook it to your ignition wire and it will only pop when your car is running. Just like you have your switch.
steven3002 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2007 at 5:22 AM / IP Logged  

is there anyway i can make it work ...so that it only works when unarmed ? but no ign on

its a bit of a pain if i just need to use the trunk , i dont want to have to get in and  turn on the ign

fkelsey 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2007 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry for the late post here is what you do. Build another relay. Put constant 12 volts on 86. Hook your grounded when armed wire hook it to 85. Cut your 12 volt lead going to your trunk poper from your relay via your remote. Hook one side to 87a and the other to 30. When you arm your alarm the ground when armed wire will open the contact not letting tthe remote open the trunk. When you disarm it the 12 volts will pass through the 87a to 30 and your poper will work. Basically this is the same as a starter kill relay.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic