icon

how do i enable dealer karr 4040a

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frodo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2007 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  

I recenty bought a mustang from a dealer. All these cars are fitted with the Karr 4040a for security on the lot. When I bought it , they said I could buy it for $500. I said 'no thanks'. They then disabled the alarm but did not remove it. They disabled it by removing a small module with an led , and replacing it with another small plastic module. Both these modules clipped into a  little holder that has 3 wires running to it that they had mounted under the dash on the driver's side.

Having read the installation / wiring details on another post here, I have to assume this is not rocket science. Can anyone out there help me reenable the system, or tell me what the modules do?

thanks

frodo
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2007 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
Doesn't sound like a 4040 to me. If it was, then the whole system would now be removed. The brain, shock,and led would all be gone. Your system sounds like the newer system that is being used now, and i can tell you that you will not be able to use it without that little led pod they removed. The pod activates the system.
frodo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2007 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  

The guy who did the final checkout with me said it was a 4040a and even gave me the little user manual. However , I do believe you , as I cannot see in any of the other descriptions wiring for the module thingy.

Any idea what it could be - I still assume it is a Karr as it was installed by Southwest dealer services (there is a guy who works on the lot)

frodo

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic