icon

no power locks, need to fake relay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikesoundz 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2007 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a 2 way alarm on a motorcycle, and I need the alarm to think that it locks and unlocks "doors."   I'm trying to figure it out using relays, but so far no luck. Help would be much appreciated. Right now, the alarm arms and disarms, but then false alarms after 5 seconds becuase it thinks the doors are still unlocked. But a motorcycle doesn't have doors. thanks
fkelsey 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2007 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of alarm? Never seen one you had to hook the door locks up on if you did not want to. Sounds like a zone trigger.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2007 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm doesn't need to see the doors lock and unlock. It may need to see a door open and close to prevent the alarm from re-arming after a certain period of time if a door is not opened or the ignition is not turned on.
Probable causes of your false alarm....
1. Wrong ignition wire. If the alarm sees the ignition ON after arming, it may trigger. Depends on the brand.
2. Door trigger input. You may need to hook this wire up to something. Maybe a light in the instrument cluster that only turns on when you turn on the key. Maybe the output of a tilt sensor like the DEI 507T.
3. Shock sensor. Maybe it is set really sensitive and is vibrating when you arm the alarm.
Either way...since you installed a 2-way the remote should show what is triggering the alarm. If it is showing the "door" as the problem, then what did you hook that wire up to on the bike?
mikesoundz 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2007 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
It's an off brand alarm off ebay, but I am MECP certified and have never ran into this problem before. I tried different combinations with the door trigger; not having it hooked up and then I tried grounding it... still same problem. The weird thing on this bike that may be causing it, could be an igntion problem like you said, the ignition and the illumination (parking lights) branch are actually the same wire.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2007 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  

That being the case, you'll need to isloate the parking light output of the alarm from the ignition lead going to the alarm with an SPDT relay. Cut the ignition/light lead. Connect the key side to terminal 87a. Connect the other side to terminal 30. Connect terminal 87 to 12V+. Connect the positive light flash output from the alarm to terminal 85 and connect terminal 86 to ground. Make sure you connect the alarm's ignition lead to the key side of the ignition/light lead and you should be set to go. 

no power locks, need to fake relay - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic