07 bmw 3 series pioneer n3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
s_p_n_k_r_07 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2007 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged  

Hello everyone,

I just installed a AVIC-N3 into a 2007 BMW 328i (I'm pretty sure it was a 328, He had removed all badges).  We actually installed the N3, voice command, back up camera, XM, and the iPod interface.... 

The deck is pretty easy to remove, the heater controls are just snapped in place by two metal clips on the left and right just above center.  There are a few tabs around the edge that help align and hold the assembly but they released when I pulled the clips out.  After that there were two screws and the deck practicaly fell out.   The glove box was a bit different.  After dropping the toe panel and pulling the four screws from the hinge for the glove box I still had to get the shroud from behind the glove out.  The perimiter screws need removed and the two retractable cup holders above the glove need pulled out to get the shroud free.  the trim around them is held in by a metal clip at each end and two of the large pin style press fasteners that BMW is so fond of in the middle.  4 screws, Cup holders out, shroud falls.

The console is just snapped down. and with shifter plate seperated from the console you can get enough room to access the plug that has the lighters power wires in it.

Outside of having to run ACC power from the cigarette lighter the new VW harness worked for all four channels and power, ground, ill, and amp turn on.    I just turned the amp on and it sounded great, not too amplified and all the factory speakers and subs worked.  (sounded great too)  The one I worked on didn't have power seats so I mounted the XM tuner under the passenger seat... and the brain above the glove box on back strap brackets.  the ipod box and camera box were easily hidden to the left and right of the glove box shroud.

Everything wen't well with the exception of finding the VSS wire, I shipped it without connecting the VSS wire because it was late and he had other things to do.  I was hoping that someone on here would have worked on one or would be able to point me in the direction of a better tech source for finding the wire....  I'm praying that it isn't data.  Thanks and I hope this helps someone, I would really like to give back for all the info I've gotten here.  I love this site.

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2007 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
According to Installation Excellence, the vss wire is a WHITE/ blue wire behind the gauges.... Try it there and see if its there.
jeffliberty 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2007 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
the vss wire is located behind the glove box its a white blue wire
1998 VW GTI VR6 5 Speed manual, JVC kd-nx5000 plus 7 inch indash screen optima batteries Eclipse 7122 mono sub amp which im still having serious problems with, and a 12 inch Orion sub

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic