icon

97 jimmy, astrostart 803

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrmohawk 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2007 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
i have a 97 jimmy with a astrostart 803. remote starter has always workd but now when i hit the start button it cranks and everything but it doesnt fire. it used to sound like the fuel pump was priming but it doesnt do that any more.after the starter shuts off the led blinks 4 times if that means anything to anyone. no biggy just nice to have when winter rolls around
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2007 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
No tach signal..
mrmohawk 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
i know there is no tach signal but it is wired to the coil and the instller never put a fuse in there. The wire still looks good do you think it fried it? i cand see why it wouldnt work
*theone* 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
have you tried to reprogram the tach? You can either have the unit auto learn the tach or do it manually. For auto (first start the vehicle with the key and let it warm up) put dip switches 1,5,6,7 up, then hold brake pedal down until led starts flashing. For manual 6cyl dip switches 1,5,6 up hit the brakes. If it's 8 cyl dip switches 1,7 up, then brakes. Remember to put all dip switches back down after programming.
Hope that helps.
Ryan

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic