icon

Infinity kappa perfect 62.5i

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nickcervantes 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
I just bought a pair of infinity perfect 62.5i speakers. They are two-way 6.5 inch speakers. I have them running in parallel off one channel of my rockford 200 watt 2 channel amp. I was dissappointed, I heard so much about these speakers and how they perform and hit nice sounds with zesty bass. Every time the bass hits it makes a terrible sound that of a rattling raspy sound. I have the amp on high pass frequency. I can't fiure out why the speakers do this. I didnt have an rca jack on my deck so I wired in a rca hi/low adapter so I could run the rca wires. If this may be the reason that would be great. There is also an input for speaker level frequencies on the amp which use rear speakers outputs off the deck. I would have used this but I wasn't sure what amp I was gonna get. Well all you audio installers, got any solution, ideas? I was thinking of buying an EQ or a deck with preamp otuputs already but I fear it might not make a difference. I really need your input
FullForce 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
those speakers sound sweet ... please take this test and respond asap with the results
turn it up to a nice listening level and then move the balance from left to right and vice versa ... if it sounds as if it has more bass on one side and then the bass goes away when you balance it back to the center then they are out of phase
nickcervantes 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
well the bass sounds terrible, anyway i cant even tell if it's bass all i know is it is suppose to be bass but it sounds like a a raspy vibrating sound. If they are out of phase how do i make them in phase and would putting them in phase make this terrible sound go away.
nickcervantes 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
i cant fade from left ro right. Remember my speakers are in parallel, 2 channel amp. I have infinitys in back and alpine componets in front. When i fade from left to right in fades from left channel to right channel. Front speakers are on left channel and rear speakers on on right channel there fore it fades front to back in my car. thanks anyways
FullForce 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
dude, you have it all wrong .... let me help you .... the way you have it hooked up you dont even have stereo sound anymore ... just because you have 4 speakers on a 2 channel amp doesnt mean they have to play in mono
you tie the front and rear left speakers together in parallel and run them to the left channel of the amp and do the right side the same way to the right channel of the amp ... i will bet you your amp they are out of phase
it is easier than you think to make the mistake and get 2 wires crossed .... you probably have a pos and neg crossed at either the rca converter or one of the speaker wires on the output side of the amp
FullForce 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
oh by the way, putting them in phase will make the sound go away .. the sound you are referring to is out of phase ... a good 6x9 will have more bass than a set of subs out of phase ... out of phase on a stereo amp sounds like pure shat!
nickcervantes 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2003 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
alright I will do this, but Im a thorough guy, perfectionist you might say. I DOUBLE, TRIPLE CHECK everything. I will hook up another music source alright and I'll tell you whats happening and Ill worship you if it's fixed. by the way thanks for all this help 12 volt.com rules!!!!
The Distortion 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged  
you mentioned you have your amp set to high pass yet what are you high passing the speakers at?
maybe you are asking too much bass from them?try raising the hp too 100hz and starting from there.
they are not going to sound great playing a full range signal,not at high volume anyway.
hope this helped:)
nickcervantes 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2003 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
do you really think IM that stupid? actually the frequency response for the kappa is 45hz-20,000 khz. The HP is set to signal 80hz and above. thanks for the try.
The Distortion 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2003 at 3:54 AM / IP Logged  
nickcervantes wrote:
thanks for the try.
well I do what I can...and no I was not trying to insenuate that you are stupid, I was only trying to help...at least I bumped your post for you..haha!
good luck!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic