icon

07 honda fit door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
azn_fcuk 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  

Hey all, ive got a bit of a problem. I cant seem to find the correct wires to trip the door locks in this 07 honda fit.

tech sheets say WHITE/ blue and WHITE/ green are my colors but when i test the wires at i think is the GCM theres only a WHITE/ blue and white wire that will test when tripping the doors locks, but is not pulsed, when tripping the lock wire will stay constant ground and the other will have no polarity and vise versa with the other wire.

Im using the wires comming out of the box in the upper left hand of the drivers kick, closest to the fender wall by the door harness.

Thanks

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
I THINK you have the motor wires rather than trigger wires, motor wires will sit on ground then one will go pos for about 0.8sec to lock, then it will sit on ground whilst the other (unlock motor wire) goes live for 0.8secs. You are looking for a pair of wires that lock and unlock when grounded, can't tell you the colours because US and UK built cars are completely different. Kar Tune, Enice where are you?
azn_fcuk 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

Canada, and yes i did think that, but i cant find the wires anywhere else unless i go right to the door jam.

Even the harness running to the rear doors dont trip.

Weird. Do you know where the approx location for the GCM?

thanks man!

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
According to my info the GCM (Gauge Control Module) is incorporated in the instrument cluster but I wouldn't see why you wouldn't be able to find them at the kick panel.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 13, 2007 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  

In the kick theres a fairly large white plug connector. The white green and white blue are there right next to one another. neg trigger

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic