icon

astrostart garage door

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jerkykid7295 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  

Hello everyone. I am a little unsure of my relay setup and was curious to see what you guys would do. I have an astro 4204 and have hooked it up the following way. Start starts the car, aux1 opens the garage door, aux3 opens the garage door and then remote starts the car. Just wondering how should I have the relays setup. I have only hooked this up to see how it worked and even if it would work and it did however, I want to make sure it stays that way. Please let me know how you would do this.

Thank You

Thanks
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 5:07 AM / IP Logged  
you cant use a remote starter key fob to open ur garge with a set of relays. if ur car has a built in garge door opening remote then maybe. use ur aux channels to open trunk or latch a relay for sound system.
jerkykid7295 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
actually you can, opening the opener and soldering wires to the the button. the relay closes the connection. it works although a dirty solution. the whole system works both the auxillarys do exactly what I want them to.however I want to make that I have these setup correct with the diodes. I am goin to try and post an image later and see if someone can take a look at it.
Thanks
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  

If you are an Astro dealer.....call and talk to Patrick in tech.

If not......don't know what to tell you.

And if it should malfunction......you could die.astrostart garage door -- posted image.

jerkykid7295 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2007 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
thats a little morbid..lets just talk about relaysastrostart garage door -- posted image.
Thanks
natsys 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2007 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Not knowing anything about Astro products I'm assuming you have a grounding output for your auxillaries. There's nothing wrong with opening your garage door transmitter and soldering a wire onto each side of the pushbutton. I'd guess you connected those wires to 30 and 87 of your relay and then provided constant 12 volts to 86 and your aux. to 85. Should work great.
You can put a diode across the coil on the relay, stripe side to positive, but where else would you need them? Are you connecting one auxillary to 2 relays?
But like KarTuneMan advised, be real careful not to use that option if your garage is already open. Starting your car and closing the door will really stink out your car--at best. As a Chamberlin/Liftmaster dealer I'd also make sure you have a safety beam protector system to further prevent obstruction or entrapment.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  

I personally DO NOT recomend using any part of a remote start to TRY to control a garage door. Open the door from your kitchen, push the garage door open switch. Close the kitchen door....then start your car. Even then,  you could smoke yourself. Exaust kills.

It's not morbid....it's foolish.

It happened in Alaska..... The old man and his wife DIED in their own house while their car was running in the garage, WITH the garage door open. This info came from my friend who is the Compustar rep.

Good luck!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic