the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

problems command start, 92 wrangler

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 20, 2007 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  

You gotta find a way to add one. Theres got to be some free space for a 90 degree hood pin. L shaped. Something on the body the goes to ground when the door is opened, and open when the door is open. Youll want to isolate this one stinckin wire with a diode to prevt any current from traveling to the door pin from the R/S.

dan476 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2007 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  

what should i do about the parking brake wire?

I have one single wire comming off parking brake switch. When i had R/S connected to that wire it didn't give any feedback to R/S.  Then i disconnected R/S Parking brake wire from the brake switch and just grounded it out, after that i did get feedback to R/S. So is there another wire somewhere in Parking brake circuit that i should find?

As for the Door Pin, I think i should go and buy one, or can i just bypass that one to the ground also?

thanks

Dan

~Dan
dan476 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2007 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys a little update.

I am still 110% lost and need some help. I've installed a door switch. It works, and also turns on the door lights. I hooked up negative side of the R/S door wire to it.

I am still not having any luck with parking brake. I've connected to the parking brake wire that is shown in the Wrangler diagram and still nothing.

Basically the same story, I can put the vehicle into ready mode when i ground out parking brake wire from R/S. then I push II button and it shuts down, but won't start back up.

This vehicle starts without pushing in clutch. Should I still bypass clutch?

~Dan
dan476 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2007 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  

hey guys here's a schematic of parking brake switch. as you see its case grounded, so how would i connect R/S parking brake wire to a negative side of the switch?

problems command start, 92 wrangler - Page 2 -- posted image.

~Dan
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic