icon

08 f 250 seat heater turn on w/rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hotrodman 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, I'm doing a RS install on a 08 f-250 and the customer wants heated seats to turn on also.  I've searched this site , found one topic that said to (-) pulse wht/red at switch, my Alldata diagram shows that wht/red is 12V(+).

I don't have the truck here yet, but I think I can just use a relay to put 12V to yel/blk in dash or under seat, my biggest concern is if the heater is on a timer and leaving them on for the 15 min RS run time will damage them.

Also are the 07 wiring diagrams the same as the 08?

Thanks

To be old and wise, you must first be young and dumb.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  

On the 2008.

The drivers seat can be triggered with a negative latched pulse, on the gray/blue behind the switch.

The pass. seat is gray / YELLOW.....same application. Your latched output might need to be triggered with one of those fancy DEI pulse timers.08 f 250 seat heater turn on w/rs - Last Post -- posted image.

The astro units timers are built in.......08 f 250 seat heater turn on w/rs - Last Post -- posted image.

techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2007 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
why couldn't you run the (-) status wire to it? It will be ground while remote starter is on and shut off when remote starter does. That is if the remote starter your installing offers this. You may need to add a relay or diodes if you are triggering a ford bypass module as well.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 22, 2007 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  

You can do it how wever you want too. The astro has provisions for doing it the way I described.

Imagine the status wire in the summer when it's 98 degrees outside.......turnin on your hot seat's    (I believe I can rest my case?)08 f 250 seat heater turn on w/rs - Last Post -- posted image.

Use an aux trigger.....so YOU have the control.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2007 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

if u dont use ur trunk pop, change it to a latching state, and u can turn on ur heated seats when needed. OR just run that ground out when running or status output to a switch, then that switch to the seat. during winter, make sure that switch is on and off during summer.

KarTuneMan 
Posted: November 22, 2007 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  

Hotrodman......did you say what type of R/S you are installing?

tedmond: The unit he is using might not have the ability to reprogram the trunk out.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  

my bad :[ maybe ill ask next time :D

hotrodman 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  

KarTuneMan: thanks for the wiring info, I Found that gry/blu didnt turn on DS htr its wht/LtBlu on this truck, gry/yel was correct for PS. I used the gnd while running w/switch for summer,also diode isolated each wire so they both won't come on when one of the dash switches is pushed.

Used Ultrastart 3265 2way, (can't change trunk pop to latch on), this is the 1st late model ford truck I've seen w/o security.  Had "S" on the key blade but no antenna on lock cyl, or red lt on dash.

Thanks to all!!

To be old and wise, you must first be young and dumb.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic