icon

viper 5900 remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
adroc3905 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  

I hooked up 4 wires total from the Viper module. 2 heavy gauge red wires, 1 heavy gauge RED / white all coming from the XCRS and then a smaller red (15A fuse) from the 12 pin Viper harness.

I tested the purple while doing the RS sequence and it appeared to be triggering a ground which I assumed activated a relay in the XCRS and then powered the purple starter wire. I will check to make sure the harness in connected properly but the purple wire is in the middle of the ribbon harness and chances are if it was not connected securely then my ign and acc would also not be working.

This smaller harness that plugs into the XCRS, can I direct ground it just for testing?

Also, something has been bothering me, does my H1/10 WHITE/ blue wire (- activation input) wire get grounded. The manual states it needs to see 2 consecutive ground pulses for the RS to activate. Does that mean I just ground it?

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
adroc3905 wrote:
This smaller harness that plugs into the XCRS, can I direct ground it just for testing?
Grounding that wire will indeed power the purple starter output, yes you can use it for testing. Activate the RS, try touching the wire to ground, your starter will crank over if it is working properly. I would suggest leaving the key ring for the bypass disconnected for now and leave a key in the cylinder in the off position to eliminate the bypass as being your problem.
The WHITE/ blue activation input is not a mandatory connection, it is there in case you wanted to trigger the remote start portion of your 5900 from an outside source. Just insulate it and leave it disconnected.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
adroc3905 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

Would keeping the WHITE/ blue grounded be my problem? I thought this wire was necessary for the RS to even operate. I guess I read it wrong. I have done a couple DEI alarms (Clifford) in the past but never on a car w/ PK3 immobilizer so I am learning as I go w/ this car and alarm.

Is it safe to assume I have the correct ign and acc wire if they power on during the RS activation? I read in my wiring diagram that I got from this site; the car has 2 wires that test as ign. To tell the difference I need to insert the key into the cylinder w/o turning it and start the RS. My door chime will sound indicating I have the correct wire.
I haven't actually done this test yet. I just found the ign wire that was mentioned on my wire diagram (pin 22 connector 1). I actually posted my entire diagram earlier in this thread. Can it be possible I have the wrong wire if my ign still comes on?

I will definately ground the small purple to see what happens.

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
Do that test to ensure you are on the correct wire. Disconnect the WHITE/ blue and try the RS. Keep us posted.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
adroc3905 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I got the RS to function w/ the key in the ign. I have narrowed my prior failed attempts to an incorrect tach wire. I switched to voltage sensing and it fires up. Where is the closest correct tach wire in my 04 Grand Prix? Anything inside the car?

When it fires my headlights and dash lights blink on and off and my ign chime keeps pace w/ the blinking. I am not sure if it is b/c I am using the key to RS but it’s the only thing that works right now b/c my bypass is having issues.

As suspected my stupid PKU-GM did not program correctly. I have repeated the programming like 60 times and nothing works. I even tried starting the car w/ the key in the ign and the bypass connected/energized and the car does not like whatever signal it is receiving from the bypass antenna. I followed those program directions to a "T". Key on for 2 secs then off. Hold transponder w/o harness connected (screw side) against transponder ring. I even wrapped the antennawire around the actual black transponder ring connected to the ign cylinder. Any thoughts? Please don’t tell me I am SOL and I will need to spend another $50.00 on a transponder.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic