icon

2004 hyundai accent transponder

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Slamminsubz 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
For some reason my password on DirectTechs isn't working anymore. Does anyone have any idea if an 04 Accent has a transponder? Also a wiring diagram would be helpful. Thanks.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
          Security                                        
     WIRE          COLOR          POLARITY          LOCATION     
     Battery          BLACK/ BLUE OR RED          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
     Ignition 1          BLACK/ WHITE OR GREEN          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
     Starter 1          BLACK / YELLOW OR WHITE          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
     All Door Trigger          GREEN          (-)          DRIVERS KICK PANEL     
     Trunk Trigger          GREEN/ ORANGE          (-)          IN HARNESS IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL     
     Parking Lights          DARK GREEN/ BLACK          (+)          IN HARNESS IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL     
     Convenience                                        
     Headlights-Lo          BLUE/BLACK          (-)          AT LIGHT SWITCH HARNESS.     
     Remote Start                                        
     Battery          BLACK/ BLUE OR RED          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
     Ignition 1          BLACK/ WHITE OR GREEN          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
     Accessory 1          BLUE/RED OR YELLOW          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
     Starter 1          BLACK / YELLOW OR WHITE          (+)          IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
     Key Sense          RED / BLACK          (+)          CHIME MODULE TO THE RIGHT OF STEERING COLUMN     
     Tachometer          BROWN / YELLOW OR BROWN / RED          (AC)          AT IGNITION COIL     
     Speed Sense          BLUE/BLACK          (AC)          AT DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR BELOW STEERING COLUMN     
               4000 PPM     
     Parking Lights          DARK GREEN/ BLACK          (+)          IN HARNESS IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL     
     Brake Lights          GREEN          (+)          AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL     
     Reverse Lights          PURPLE          (+)          LARGE HARNESS IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL     
     Horn          BLACK/ WHITE          (-)          AT STEERING COLUMN HARNESS     
     Modules                                        
     WIRE          LOCATION                         
     Please select another category
     Doorlocks/Windows                                        
     Power Unlock          ADD ACTUATOR          (AC)          AT KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE TO LEFT OF STEERING COLUMN     
               VEHICLES WITHOUT OEM KEYLESS ENTRY REQUIRE ACTUATORS TO OPERATE DOOR LOCKS.     
     Power Lock          ADD ACTUATOR          (AC)          AT KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE TO LEFT OF STEERING COLUMN     
and as for a bypass required, do believe only hyundai's sold in canada required one
Slamminsubz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
thanks, i told her i might need an extra key and i have a 556uw lying around if i need it.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2007 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
no accents had transpnder that I've ever done.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  
x2 on never seeing a US Hyundai Accent with a transponder
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2007 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
hyundais and Kias only have transponders when the vehicle is made in Canada. Korean models do not have them. Just look at the "manufactured in" sticker in the door jam.
Slamminsubz 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2007 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
alright the car is made in korea, so i guess no transponder. Another couple quick questions. I had another diagram that said that there were 2 parking light + wires and i needed a relay, is that true? Also, that diagram says the car has 2 acc. wires one yellow and and extra one that is blue. Lastly, anyone have the colors for the power door locks. The diagrams just say to add actuators if it doesnt have keyless, but it does. Thanks
perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2007 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
Slamminsubz wrote:
Lastly, anyone have the colors for the power door locks. The diagrams just say to add actuators if it doesnt have keyless, but it does. Thanks
your car probably has central door locks which means that you need to add an actuator in the drivers door in order to make them work with the aftermarket equip. I know it seems like you have power door locks because when you turn the key in the ignition your doors lock but more then likely you do not. I know that every Hyundai I have worked on has had the central locking systems. It is kind of hard to explain but just know that 9 out of 10 times on Hyundai cars you need to add actuators.
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2007 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
I have had to install a couple times an actuator in drivers door only. It is a pain but you should be able to charge a tad extra for the work.
The wire I'm test'n isn't doin' what it's supposed to be doin'... I am so glad I printed that tech sheet, with the wrong info.
Do it right the first time... or I might have to fix it for ya

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic