icon

oem 09 nav head unit in 08 f250

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davidachew 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Installed 09 oem navigation head unit in a 08 f250 with factory sub, everything works except steering wheel controls (which i assume will require programing) and sound. no sound at all not even a pop.does anyone have 09 stereo pinout to compair to the 08? does it have to do with factory amp on wire? Figured i would ask before cutting wires for testing. Thanks
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2009 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  

hi,

i'll see if i can get you wiring differences tomorrow..have access to ford wiring

m

Ween 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2009 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  

hi,

my info shows additional buttons/wiring at the steering wheel, doesn't show resistance values, however, they maybe different.

buttons are labeled 'phone' 'ok' and 'voice'...pertains to bluetooth functions i believe. 

also shows pin #7 used for amplifier enable,  the '09 vehicle has the audiophile system (external amplifier ?)

hope this helps

m

running with sissors, 'cause i can

davidachew 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2009 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

I think the extra buttons are for sync.

I was told that the 08 unit had amp built into head unit and 09 had an external amp, can anyone confirm this? If this is the case then can i just install external amp?

also i have 8 speakers(in my 08), Are the 4 in front and 4 in back just running off the 4 channels (LF,RF,LR,RR) or is there full 8 channel seperation?  

anyone have 09 f250 radio harness wiremap?

Thanks

Ween 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2009 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

hello again,

i'll look at the diagrams tomorrow.  i'm guessing the audiophile system's radio, which had the external amp, can't drive a speaker directly....not a high level out.  if you could get the amplifier, you'd obviously need to make or have mating connectors for it, plus associated wiring of course.  the sync system is external to the radio, according to the diagrams and the '09 i worked on today.  the '09 had the non-nav, non-audiophile radio...no remote lead at harness, did  have subwoofer though.

m

Ween 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2009 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  

ok....the navigation headunit has an external amplifier, mounted under the drivers side dash...four channels in, four channels out, bat, gnd, rem...usual connections.  audiophile headunit, no external amplifier, drives speakers directly.  steering wheel controls...two sets on nav headunit, one for radio functions, the others for the SYNC system.  two pairs of wires connecting to headunit for them.

m

davidachew 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2009 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
Can you by any chance get me a part number for the amp? Thanks
davidachew 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2009 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  

Ok here's where im at on this one:

Installed aftermarket amp and ran the 4 speaker channels to it and back to speakers.

I have audio from the front channels comming out but nothing from the back.

There is a low whine comming from the speakers; not a ground loop because it stays constant.

My guess it is a digital signal for all of the channels that needs a decoder for seperation. I could be way off on this.

APIM - this is the sync module, is the amp built into this module or is it a seperate module?

theroadshop 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2009 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
I'm almost positive the sync module is separate from the amplifier. In the 2009, the sync module is in the passenger side kick panel.
-The Road Shop
docharley 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2009 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
I bought the OEM wire harness and amp from a guy for $300.00 Then sent the 2009 Nav unit to a place to be programed. I now have steering wheel controls, audiophile, rear camera, etc. The Sync will require a APIM module and wire harness. I have not attempted that mod yet.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic