icon

2005 scion xb remote start, bypass needed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
edaddee 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2007 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
I currently have a repeat client that has had his car vandalized, and would now like an alarm installed. He ordered the scytek 5000rs-2w, which is both remote start and alarm. I am in need of knowing on the scion xb/and or the alarm, whether a transmitter bypass is needed for the remote start to work? Thanks in advance
couped 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
No bypass is needed. The 04-06 xB's do not have any built in security, as long as they didn't add the upgraded Scion security system from the dealer.
Door triggers are high up in the fuse panel. Lock wires can be found in the kick panels, double pulse on driver's side, single pulse on the passenger side. Tach wire is in the OBD connector under the dash and the brake wire is right at the top of the brake pedal. Everything else is in the steering column.
Check out the tech section on scionlife.com for a list of all wire colors and locations.
Here's a big hint: You can remove the entire upper dash panel in about 15 minutes. It will make it easier to get to the wires and give you a great place to put the brain. There is a ton of room high up in the dash where a thief could never reach.
edaddee 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

everything has already been ran for a day now, just awaiting a replacement for a faulty antenna (or so the tech dept for scytek says anyway, no response from the trans to the brain thus allowing no programming), however, I have a 04 durango due in here after christmas, and totally didn't think that possibly the scion might need a bypass too. Anyhow, thanks for the help, and if I have any further probs, I'll send you a pm

edaddee 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
sorry to bring up an old thread, but I injured my back around that same time and have yet to have corrected the problem with this customers alarm/remote start. I have went through the wiring at least 5 times, twice with the tech @ scytek, to ensure the connections were correct, power was going through every wire as suppose to according to every function that each wire was tied into. Rcvd new trans/ant to replace supposed faulty antenna/program rcvr, and am still having issues getting this alarm to respond, program the transponders to the alarm brain itself, etc, etc. I am going to look at the wiring schematics that I wrote down based on what wires coming out of the brain are connected to what wires from the vehicle. Don't get me wrong, I have installed alarms/remote start on a few diff vehicles, and it has never been this much a pain in the butt, but to only confuse things a tad more, there was apparently a alarm installed on this vehicle before, of which all wiring, t-taps, etc was left in place with the exception of the brain and siren. It only confuses an already hectic wiring situation when the previous wiring also somehow connected to the 12 volt, ignition position on, source for the air ride compressor. I will list the wiring order shortly, but for the time being, does anyone have a clue of where the problem could lie?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
So you've already tested the wires going into the brain, especially ground, constant, and ignition right?
That is, testing with a light or meter, not just by looking at them.
Does this unit have a remote start activation input? An input that you'd ground to turn on the remote starter?
If it does, try that. If it'll remote start like that, at least probably the brain and the installation are good.
P.S. On that '04 Durango, check out the search feature here and ask the customer about the car's build date. On early '04s, the dealer needs to replace a module before more keys (or bypass modules) can be programmed to the car.
edaddee 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
yes, tested directly with a DMM, and verified every time with it as well. As for the remote start activation input, unsure w/o seeing everything. I'll go check, and be back shortly with a answer to whether or not it does, and if its not hooked up somehow, i'll try and see the results
edaddee 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2008 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
I would have never guessed the prob without stumbling on it tonight. I went through the wiring again, everything checked just as it did before. Went through the steps to get the brain to recognize the trans, and nothing, nothing other than every function that the alarm transponder shows visually kept lighting up. The page in the instructions that showed the steps for transponder recognition happened to be on opposite pages of the one where it said to change the trans batt every few months. It said if the batt was low, you may experience little to no trans responding, very short response area, etc. At that point there was no low batt life visual on the screen, but sure as doodie, changed the batt, and everything instantly worked. Now I can finally get payed on this. For those that responded, thank you very much for the support, and for those that may be having a similar prob, make sure to check the batt, as it may seem obvious, but initially not

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic