icon

rsx over active key sense wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wykdfantasy 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2008 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
The green connector is a 7 pin harness, the blue one is a 6 pin harness. The vehicle starts just fine without the blue harness in. The only functions I see it serving are to tell the vehicle when the key is in and to light up the red circle around the key hole. If anyone else know what other functions it serves please let me know. My stock alarm will work just fine without it plugged in, and my after market alarm and immobilizer bypass work just fine without it. I would just like to fix it so it is not broken and the light will light up around the key hole like it is supposed to.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2008 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
I see what you mean in regards to the bypass module.  That wire should give you constant 12v all the time unless you put a key in and it shows 0v.  Showing 0v all the time should give you that sound no matter what.  It sounds like a the module that controls that system may be damaged.  When did this issue start happening?  This may help you to pin point the source of the problem and get it repaired.  Never try to get around it as it may make it worse in the long run.  Share the info in order for us to try and help.....
wykdfantasy 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
I can't remember when it first started. I checked all fuses, none are blown. I will do some more trouble shooting with it to try to figure it out. I am thinking of taking apart the plastic part near the key cylinder, got any suggestions or warnings?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic