icon

99 Silverado not downshifting w/rem. star

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shonuff 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2003 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

Just installed a remote start/alarm in my 99 silverado.  I used a dei 555L for the passlock II for the remote start.  2 problems I have noticed. 

1. When you use the remote start to start the vehicle and then get in to drive, the trans. seems to stay in high gear.......I can manually drop down into 3rd or 2nd but it will not down shift while in drive.  If I start the truck with out the remote start, just with the key the trans. shifts fine up and down. 

2. Service engine soon light is on....is this something to do with the above problem?

One more question while I've got your attention....I'd like to install window modules.  My alarm has a 2nd ch. out put and a 3rd ch. output...both prog. with a .8, 10, or 30 second pulse.  .8 will not work of course, but 10 seconds is too long.  It takes about 5 to 6 seconds to roll up or down.  Will this in turn dammage my window motors in they continue to turn for the extra 4 or 5 seconds?

Any help would be great!

Mark

Shade Tree Installer

securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2003 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
you need to tag the white wire in the ignition harness. it is the trans control module wire.it is a ignition so you will need to power it up thru the start cycle.
shonuff 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2003 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

Would it be a straight connection from the alarm, splice off from  orig. ignition from the alarm?  Or should I use a relay from the ignition? 

Thanks for the help

mark

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2003 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
If you do not have a dedicated Ignition 2 output from your RS then you need to use a relay to power the white wire.
The chack engine light is likey being triggered from the white wire not being powered up during remote start.
Window modules typically require just a pulse unless you are referring to making your own module with relays. The .8 second pulse is what you would use to trigger a window module. The module will then roll up the windows until they are up and then stops (In a perfect world that is, since not all modules work flawlessly all the time).
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
shonuff 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2003 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  

I checked my rs and it did have a 2nd ign., so I connected it to the white wire.  I disconnected the battery before connecting to the white wire for about 1 hour.  Then connected the white wire to the 2nd ign. from the rs.  The engine now shifts like it should, but the service engine soon light is still on.  Any ideas on this?

Thanks

Mark

shonuff 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2003 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  

Service engine soon light went off today.  So everything is working like it should.  Thanks

for your help.

Mark

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic