icon

556h civic bypass woes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kdog_x 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
I am attempting to install a 556H immobilizer in my 2005 Honda Civic. The alarm I have is a Galaxy 5000RS, the remote start function works fine with the key in prior to the 556H install. I am positive I have all connections correct, except there is one wire on the 556H that is supposed to go to the remote starter (blue/white). I do not have a wire to hook that up to on my alarm as far as I can tell. I tried just grounding the wire, but that didnt work. Anyone know where this wire should go?
The 556H flashes rapidly when I turn the ignition forward... this means "the module is programmed but not activated by input"... whatever that means.
One other oddity, the alarm instructions say there is a 20 pin harness, but I only have a 16 pin harness. The circuit board does indeed say DPZ-AS 5000RS on it though. Plus the wire colors for tach, door locks, etc were all correct. I was thinking maybe I could hook it up to the VIOLET/WHITE factory disarm output, but that is one of the wires that I dont have on my 16 pin harness.
Sorry, I know this post is long, but I tried to add as much detail as possible. Any help would be GREATLY apprectiated.
Alarm Manual
http://www.scytek.net/pdf/product_galaxy_combo_5000RS-2W_manual.pdf
Immobilizer Manual
http://www.directedstore.com/manuals/556HW.pdf
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
Connect the blue/orange wire from the main harness to the blue/white wire of the 556h
kdog_x 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately the blue/orange is another wire I dont have in the harness. The unhooked wire colors I currently have are WHT/VIOLET, VIOLET, GRAY, BRN/WHT, BLK/GRY, and PPL/YEL. I checked the Purple / YELLOW figuring that might be like the blue/orange, but it didnt work. I put an ohmmeter between each wire and ground while starting and it doesnt appear that any of them go to ground. I could possibly hook it to the orange anti-grind output, but I dont want to burn out the alarm if I'm wrong. I know this is an odd problem, I bought the alarm 3 years ago planning to install it my old car but I never did. Somehow the instruction manual was lost along the way, I cant find any other manuals which have a 16 pin harness in them, I'd hate to have to abort the install over the immobilizer. Any other suggestions?
kdog_x 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
THE HUNT FOR GROUND WHEN RUNNING
Ok, I disconnected the 556H from the column and hooked everything back up. Car started fine. While the car was running I checked all of the open wires for continuity to ground. None were connected except the purple wire, but that didnt change when the engine was not running. The purple wire did not work hooked up to the 556H. I have no clue what to do now... ANY help would be appreciated!
Also, the PPL/YELL wire had 5V on it while the car was running, so I dont think that is the one.
kdog_x 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I figured out the harness.. I guess I have a 4000RS on a 5000RS circuit board. I now have it hooked up to the blu/org wire. All I get is a rapidly blinking light when I go to start the car. Wont start with or without the key. It is programmed to Mode 1 and wired that way as well. I tried using the BRN/YEL reference wire still connected to the honda ECM and just the switch side going into the unit... but still nothing.
kdog_x 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2008 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
lol... I've replied to myself a few times here. Just an update, I got the remote starter working. If you are installing on a 2005 Honda Civic DO NOT purchase the 556H, it is a piece of junk. I went to my local alarm store and picked up the SL3 for $40, it took all of 5 minutes to install and it works great... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2008 at 3:51 AM / IP Logged  
kdog, i would have to agree. i have use the pkh34 and 556h and they kicked me good. i only use Fortin Honda-SL3 or iDataLink pieces.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic