icon

2008 kia sorento security/lock wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
psfdeng 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2008 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
I am completing the installation of a dealer installed Gaurdian CPL100 security system by connecting the door lock/unlock feature in a 08 Kia sorento. I have the downloaded version of the CD I purchased from this site for this vehicles wiring colors. The colors are labled as- Power Lock= GREEN/ black and  PowerUnlock= blue black. After tapping in to these only the Power Lock would work correctly when the remotes lock button was pushed. However The unlock labled wire would lock the doors if the unlock remote button was pushed. None of the wires would unlock the door. I had to utilize the white Master Unlock wire to make it happen. So it works correctly now, but i'm wondering why the blue/black wire did not do as labled? I had intended to use the 1st push of the remotes unlock button to UL the drivers door and the 2nd push to UL the rest of the doors as the Guardian CPL100 intall manual says its able to do that if I utilized a relay. But Now i'm confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 04, 2008 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
2008 kia sorento security/lock wires - Last Post -- posted image.Power UnlockWHITE(-)IN HARNESS FROM DRIVERS DOOR2008 kia sorento security/lock wires - Last Post -- posted image.
2008 kia sorento security/lock wires - Last Post -- posted image.PowerLockBLUE(-)IN HARNESS FROM DRIVERS DOOR
psfdeng 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2008 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks. I'll cahnge the connection to the solid blue wire to avoid any possible unlocking problems

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic