trdgts 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
:)
still lookin for more help
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
what's the "n-22v"?  is that the hi-lo converter that came with the harness?
trdgts 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  

no that's a piece you suggested i buy (two of them)

"The N-22V is a passive stereo potentiometer designed to control the signal level feeding an amplifier, equalizer, electronic crossover, etc. The N-22V has a stereo pair of RCA inputs and a stereo pair of RCA outputs. It's important that the inputs and outputs be connected correctly. The outputs must feed and amp and the inputs must go to the source (i.e. deck.) That's it. When the black knob is rotated clockwise, the signal increases up to the maximum output of the source. When the knob is rotated counter-clockwise, the signal decreases all the way to zero volts (system mute)."

but now im thinking at $20+ each plus shipping. it's kind of not worth it. might as well use that money toward a decent amp

esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

oh yea...sorry bout the brain fartHU Install problems with stock amp - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image..   ANYWAYS, I definitely agree with you about the cost of the control thingys.  And I guess trying it out first without those would still involve buying that other harness (which, if you ended up using an aftermarket amp, you would not need).  Quite a dilemma, huh?HU Install problems with stock amp - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.  In the end I really think you'd be happier with the sound of aftermarket speakers and an aftermarket amp, though that's gonna be a lot more money than these converters and stuff.  But without a doubt it'll sound ten times better.  So the question becomes, is that difference in sound worth all the extra money?  are you content with the way the stock speakers sound?

trdgts 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

im content with how they sound, but i guess since i know im gonna upgrade in the future, i might as well take the next step. now it's jus more headaches of picking what i want to replace the fronts with...lookin at a/d/s 346is...

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic