the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

creating a delay before relay turns on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eye95cl 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys I need to make a 15 second delay before a relay turns on and stays on. What is the best way to do this? I was looking around but most of the answers I saw only create a pulsed output and I need the relay on for as long as the key is on.

Thanks

You Can't Say You Don't Like Something If You Never Tried It
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2008 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
basically you need a relay for your relay.  use a DEI 528T pulsed timer.  the timed output is completely adjustable. it is just like a normal relay with a timer.  when it triggers terminals 30 and 87 are energized for as long as you wish depending upon how much you have adjusted the adjustment screw.  you need to hook up this one to another relay.  on your second relay energize terminal 85 with ignition power and then connect terminal 86 to 87A of the 528T.  connect terminal 30 of the 528T to ground.  this way after the 528T times out for the preset time it will send ground to 87A and down to your second relay turning it on. 
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2008 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
Delayed trigger relay drive
You can try wiring up the circuit in this prior post, you probably won't need the inverter shown if you plan to drive it with with a positive signal.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic