icon

using all 4 buttons on dei viper remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ozsir2 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2008 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
I'm installing an old Viper 550HF alarm with 4 button remote. I know that button 1 is channel 1, button 2 is channel 2, and buttons 1 and 2 pushed together is channel 3. However, I have no idea how to get buttons 3 and 4 to work. I have looked for positive and negative 12V outputs from the alarm's brain wires but can't find anything when I hit buttons 3 and 4. Do these buttons need programming or something? Can someone direct me to literature that will show me how? Thanks. Does anyone know if I could use buttons 3 and 4 to control power window controllers?
calijtee1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2008 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  

you need to manually program the remote to each channel you want, in order for 3 and four to work, how many aux channels does the unit have? i havent  installed one of those in ages. let me know ill probably be able to get a manual for that and i can take you step by step

installers do it best. we got the magic hands!
ozsir2 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
Wow thanks for the offer of help. What do you mean by auxillary channels? AFAIK button 1 is for lock/unlock, button 2 is for silent chirp or boot release, buttons 1 & 2 for remote start...but 3 and 4 are spare...so are these aux? I think I read somewhere that each button represents 4 channels? Also, off the top of my head, there's only about 12 wires that come from the unit..and all have designated functions...so will the programming of the remote affect the output of certain wires? Thanks again and I look forward to your reply.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2008 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
The manual for the 550HF is in the download section of this site. It tells you how to program the remote. It has a trunk release output, and one more aux. output (channel 3).
Search
ozsir2 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
I already have the manual. I thought that because the remote has buttons 3 and 4 I could use them...but I have come to realise that they are useless with this 550HF alarm. i.e. the fob would have useful functions on a different alarm system which has more chanels.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic