icon

? about L5 & L7 kicker subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Kadetheus 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
would one 12" L5 or L7 kicker sub in a mid sized sealed box (about 1.5cu.ft. with about 425 watts rms) beat 2 12" bazooka rsw in a mid sized box.(getting about 212 wats each)
2k2Accord 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I know I'm new to the forum, but I might have input on this one!  LoL, I think what everyone will ask you b4 you ask that is, what kinda amps are gonna push these??  same for both, different ones??  I think that would make a difference.

Accord

A person's real worth is determined by what the do, when they have nothing to do......
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  

Hard to say there would be many factors like the car, enclosure etc. But I can say that from the specs aspect the Bazooka has the advantage. As far as SPL goes I would put my money on the 2 Bazooka's. The Xmas one way on the L7 is about 1/2 inch one way the RSW is 1.14 inches one way. The QTS on the RSW is .48 and on the Kicker .593

Kadetheus 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
as far as the amp go. i have a mtx 302. and if you think the kicker would to the bazookas, what about 1 audiobahn aw1200 in a ported box. my main thing is that i have anywhere from 425 to 500 watts that i'm willing to juice to one speaker. what's a good single 12" sub that really knocks in a ported or sealed box.
Kadetheus 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
and those watts are rms. who knows maybe i'll throw in more watts later on.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
are you just looking for raw SPL?
Kadetheus 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2003 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
to tell you the truth not really. i want to be capable of blasting a trunk but i'd much rather have a quality sound. i don't want it for contest, just something good to ride too. so saying that, do you think the 12" L5 or L7 kicker would do the trick or is there a better single sub for the job?
mamey69 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2003 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
a 15" alpine type R with about 600rms to it
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2003 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  

For SQ with a lot of output I've always been a fan of the Infinity Kappa Perfects.  In addition to their original models, they now have DVC models, I dunno if that matters to you at all.  The RMS power specs are very underrated, and they can take 500 watts RMS with no problem.

Personally I'd be a lil hesitant to send 600 watts to one Alpine type R.  I'm not saying they're not good subs, I just don't know about that much power going to them.

Kadetheus 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
i've read the specs on the infinity's, but for the price of the old perfects i could get a L5 and for the price of the new dcv perfects i could get a L7 for about twenty bucks more. i can't speak much on any one of them, because i haven't just took the time to listen to either of them. but i've been doing some looking, and as far as my pockets go, i'm limiting my self to the audiobahn aw1200Q high excursion 12" or the kicker L5. so if anyone can inform me on which is better out of the 2 please let me know.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic