icon

04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
focuszx3lover 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2009 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
I have a prestige RS that is installed and has one problem. When the car is started and you go to unlock the doors the wipers make one swipe. All the dummy lights are on the dash which is another weird observation. I believe the dummy lights just need a relay wired in after starting to fix that one, but the wipers is new for I and a few others i have talked with.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,677
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2009 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  

How does your wiring compare to the following.  Pay close attention to the Ignitions and accesory wires.

04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.BatteryPINK/BLACK(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.
04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.Ignition 1DARK BLUE/WHITE(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.Ignition 2GREEN/ RED(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.Accessory 1BLACK/ ORANGE(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.Accessory 2BLACK/ WHITE(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.Starter 1YELLOW(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.Anti-Theft TypeTRANSPONDER
04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.Anti-Theft DescriptTHE KEY SENDS AN RF SIGNAL TO THE BCM MODULE THROUGH AN ANTENNA LOCATED AROUND THE IGNITION CYLINDER
04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.Key SenseLIGHT BLUE(-)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.Neutral SafetyTAN/WHITE(-)AT GEAR SELECTOR SWITCH
04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.TachometerGRAY/WHITE(AC)IN LOOM BEHIND ALTERNATOR SAME FOR ALL ENGINES
04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.Speed SenseWHITE/ ORANGE(AC)AT THE PCM04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.
04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.Parking LightsBLACK / YELLOW(+)IN HARNESS IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL
04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.Low Crr. Pk LightsYELLOW(-)AT THE HEADLIGHT SWITCH04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.
04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.Brake LightsWHITE/ TAN(+)AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.Reverse LightsVIOLET/BLACK(+)IN HARNESS IN DRIVERS KICKPANEL
04 chrysler 300m wipers come on when rs'd - Last Post -- posted image.HornBLACK/ RED(-)AT THE STEERING COLUMN HARNESS

loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 3:17 AM / IP Logged  

focuszx3lover wrote:
... When the car is started and you go to unlock the doors the wipers make one swipe. All the dummy lights are on the dash which is another weird observation.

Could be a factory security feature, so you can see if some one is in the vehicle, an advanced version of dome-light supervision.

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
Oh, wow.
I've seen that before, and either I or one of my co-workers figured out some way to fix it, I think...........but it's been a long time!
I'll ask a couple of the guys I work with on Monday, who did a lot of those cars when they were new.
But, if we think about it, there are only a few things that are happening when you unlock the car during remote start:
1. The unit flashes the parking lights.
2. The unit puts out a pulse on the unlock wire, to unlock the doors.
3. The unit puts out a pulse on its horn output (if connected).
4. The unit puts out a 30-second timed pulse on its domelight supervision output (if connected).
5. The unit puts out a pulse on its "factory alarm disarm" output.
I would advise unplugging or temporarily disconnecting these items one at a time until you can narrow it down.
P.S. Does the car's radio work during remote start? Is the BLACK/ white second accessory wire being powered up during remote start?
The second accessory wire isn't necessary in that car. If you disconnect it from your remote starter, the radio, wipers, and possibly power windows will cease to come on during remote start......that might solve your problem right there.
focuszx3lover 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
well everything is hooked up I hooked up the dome light feature that this remote start had and I was thinking that the acc. wire 2 might have something to do with it as well. The car isn't with me right now. I'll check it out on monday as well
focuszx3lover 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2009 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
well I unplugged the acc. 2 wire and it is still doing it The next thing to do is the dome light and then possibly the factory disarm feature??? if none of them then I'm out of ideas.
Thanks Brandon
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2009 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
You probalby removed the wrong ACC wire. Try the other ACC wire.
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic