how to connect many sirens to relay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeradmp 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  

can anyone help me out...

how do i connect 3 dei 513t mini piezo sirens and 3 dei 514n sirens together and wire them to my python 700 brain?

and also are the dei 509u and dei 508d, plug-n-play?

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  

A standard single pole double throw relay connected like this,

pin 30 to constant 12volts- fused at ten amps

pin 85 to permanent ground

pin 86 is connected to siren output of alarm

pin 87 to all the sirens hot wire.

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
also i'm not familiar with the unit you have but on most dei units the 508d is plug n play, i'm not sure about your 509u, someone else might help out there.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
What's a 509? If it's a sensor, they can be parallel wired to a single port.  The blue and orange wires should be dioded before joining with the bands away from the alarm.  Why so many sirens?  You would have to add at least two more just to double the sound pressure, a single set of air horns would be more advisable if you want to hear it.
jeradmp 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  

ive already got everything here, i just need some guidance.

i have 3: dei 513t piezo siren and 3: 514n soft chirp sirens

520t back up battery

509u ultrasonic air pressure sensor

508d prox sensor

507m tilt sensor

506t glass break sensor.

my alarm brain has 2 additional ports for the 3 prox sensor, glass break sensor, and ultrasonics air pressure sensor...

i just need to know how to wire 3 sensors into 2 ports

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
See my post above and read it again. The sensors themselves should have these instructions in the packaging.
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2009 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  
I would honestly stick with the tilt sensor, prox sensor, back up battery, one internal siren and 2 external. There is no need for a glass breakage sensor given that the prox sensor will initially trip warn away if someone is close to your car, secondly if they do break the glass and reach in the vehicle they will trip zone 2 full alarm on the prox sensor.  The 509U works similiar to the 506t glass sensor. it will sense the pressure change upon breaking the glass..where as the 506t uses frequency detection of glass tampering.  I guess you have to decide which one you want. This will eliminate your dilemma. Personally I have the 508d prox sensor.  The blue wire from the 508d is tapped into the green of the same harness thus freeing up a blue wire to the brain, which is what I connected my tilt sensor to. Having one internal siren should be fine. 2 external works for me. I have one under my front headlight, and the other under the rear tail light up in the bumper. Both inaccesible.. but if for whatever reason one gets eliminated, they still have one more to get to.  Too many sensors and too many wires can be a headache if you have problems down the road, false alarms, and of course more wires a thief can trace back to you brain and dismantle it.. that is if they are good and know what they are doing. Just my thoughts from experience.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic