05 tahoe dome light problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
delorian 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  

All,

I just replaced my crime stopper alarm with a new GALAXY 5000RS-2W-2FM.  Everything is working well with one exception, When the alarm arms and the doors lock, it triggers the dome light to come on and them dim out again.  This is causing the alarm to think a door is open and the alarm chirps.  Then a few seconds later, the alarm works just fine.

Any thoughts on what I missed or crossed during the installation?  The crimestopper worked fine.  I only replaced it so it matched the alarm in my other vehicle and I can use one remote to control both cars.

I am using the dome light as the door trigger the same way I did with the crimestopper.  Do I need to switch and use the 4 wires on the purple plug of the BCM and if so, can someone explain the diode isolation to me?  I think all I need to do is tap one end of each diode into the 4 wires and connect the other 4 ends to the alarm trigger wire correct?

Thanks,

Delorian

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  

What bypass are you using? It doesn't have a door trigger output? The easiest thing to do would be to use the dome light delay setting on the Scytek. Catching each door trigger by itself isn't gonna be easy on that vehicle.

delorian 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  

I have the 457GW.

I'll have to read over the manule again to see what it says about the dome light delay.

Thanks,

delorian 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

Are you talking about this option?

10. Ignore Open Door Report. Bypasses the open zone warning chirps for vehicles equipped with a residual dome light circuit that remains on for a period of time after closing the door.

After the door is closed, it does wait for the dome to go out, then the LED starts flashing for a about 30sec, then it arms, locks, and blips the dome light on again and chirping.

I can try it and see if it helps.  If there is anything else, please let me know.

Thanks much,

Delorian

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2009 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  

Yep, that's it.

delorian 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2009 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  

It seems the server was down for a while this morning, maybe it was just me...

At any rate, changing that setting worked.  Weird thing is, it doesn't blip the dome light on when arming now either. 

Thanks for the help!

Delorian

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic