icon

Bass Transducers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Blazermedic 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2003 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
I've looked through all the posts looking for opinions on these things, but I couldn't find a relevant topic that directly applies. (And I know how much I hate double posting) I was at a friend's house last night hooking up a set of Aura Bass Shakers for her in her home theater setup. I've seen them used before in car audio applications, but I have no direct experience with them in a mobile application, only in home audio applications. If anyone has lauds or gripes about them, please share.
CTW
paultman 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2003 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  

I have used the Aura Pro Shakers.  As u know if u've tried them, they SHAKE like MAD!!!  Even put out some low audio as well, infact u'll even hear base form things that are being shaked.  However bear in mind that everything is going to shake/vibrate, u'll hear things vibrate that u didn't even know where there. 

I think they didn't continue to be popular in cars for that reason, one thing a good system doen't do is vibrate 2 much, that's what dynomat is for. 

I had it attached to the bottom of my passenger seat and it was awesome if someone was sitting in it, however if no one was it just vibrated to damn much.

I'd recommend it for home systems but not for cars.

Paul

Blazermedic 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2003 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your advice. I just got done Dynamatting the hell out of the truck's cab, so I'll play around with silicone and see if I can make the aluminum mounting I fabricated work out. If not, there's always my home theater! Thanks again buddy.
CTW

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic