icon

high-output alternators

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bradford35 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2003 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a bigger alternator for my 94 Eagle Talon.  I will be running approximately 1500 watts.  I already have an optima yellow top but I will need the alternator before I can finish my little project.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Bradford
wrencher_25 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2003 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

I don't know where u live...but try an alternator shop...i'm sure they can give you some advice. Or even ask a dealership, they might be able to give you some answers.

Andrew Weitzel
MECP First Class Installer
Blazermedic 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2003 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.4alterstart.com/pages/store/skudetail.nhtml?profile=highoutputalternators&uid=10634&catuid=10013&returnURL=http%3A//www.4alterstart.com/highoutputalternators
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2003 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  
send an email to dominick@tds.net
he will be able to direct you to someone who will if he cant build it himself...he builds excellent quality alternators at good prices...I currently have a 250A alternator in my car that he built...
he is probably one of the best known independent high output alternator builders on the mobile audio scene...very reputable, and alot of winning SPL cars are running his alternators...
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2003 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
Try this guy C.S.A athanpeddicord@yahoo.com or call at 1-334-712-9955 your system alone will use about 110 amps + whatever current your car draws. If it were my car I would get something around 200 amps+
Powerslave0 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2003 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
You might want to install one of those 1 Farad capacitors (16V) to help out. That is so your lights will not dimm with single bass hits. The Capacitor will hold a bigger charge rather than pull it directly from your elecrical system, it will pull it from the Cap. The cap. will charge up immediately. That is why the Caps are 16V instad of 12-14.5V. I have a Dodge Avenger, with about 1000watts, by three total amps, and I am hooked right up to the battery with no problems, plus the Satellite Radio Receiver. I believe the Alternator is like 90amps? Not sure. Your Talon is made by Mitsibishi anyway, so you should be able to use an Alternator from another Mitsubishi, check compatibilty.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2003 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
A capacitor is not a substitute for  a charging system upgrade. It dose not supply your amps or electrical system with any more power than your alternator can put out. All the cap can do is supply the amp with quick bursts of power. So if you have a quick bass note the amp doesn’t have to starve for power for that thousands off a fraction of a second that it would take to receive the power from the batter/alternator.  IT"S NOT A BAND AID! If you’re going to use a capacitor you should always use it in conjunction with a properly sized charging system. A high output alternator will benefit you 100 times more than any capacitor ever will. Now I’m not a capacitor hater I use them in my personal setups. I just think that there are a lot of people out there that don’t understand how they should be used.   
greenbroncoguy 
Copper - Posts: 299
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2003 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
go to JCWhitney.com and there do a search for alternators and there you should find something about a "Mean Green" high output version. it is 200 amps I think and, even though I believe it is quite expensive (around $200-250), it will definatley be able to keep up with whatever you can throw at it. if you can't find it at JCWhitney.com, then just do a search on yahoo or somehting.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic