the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Amp questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  

Amen to that quinnx1 & wvsquirrel.  I could not have put it any better.

As for the suggestion about optima batteries...yes they are a good upgrade but they're really only useful if you want to play your system longer with the car turned off.  I dont think upgrading his battery is gonna help accent at all with his current situation.  When the car is running, ALL of the power is supplied by the alternator.

wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
thx esmith69 and quinnx1. I must admit that I find some of the things that get posted amusing, but some I just can't stand.
I've used Optima's before, and the CCA is a plus, but I agree with esmith69 on this one. I don't think just replacing the battery will help. If power draw beomes to great, and you can't find a HO alternator, then you may consider a second battery setup. If all else failed, the isolated 2nd battery would keep your 1st one from getting drained and not being able to start your car!
I didn't mention a cap, because I don't believe they are a "fix all". I run a 1ohm cap because it helps balance the power draw, but my alternator is strong enough to keep me from having to go back to a second batery setup. That second battery does turn heads though, I used to love watching peoples faces when I turned the stereo on without even having the keys in the ignition. It was also a necessity when I was younger because cops would bust you if you had the keys in the accessory position of the vehicle and a drink in your hand (even if you weren't driving!) Something to do with being "technically in control of the vehicle" or some BS like that. Anyway, if your interested in running a second battery setup, let me know and myself or others will be more than willing to give you some more advice.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
Idg4ever there is a Hyundai I believe it’s a 01 that a local shop did http://www.mobilefantasy.com and I have to say it’s a pretty nice car and I'm sure that you would be proud to own it. I have to agree with wvsquirrel on everything he said. We are all here to learn and people need to keep there negative opinions to themselves. And that Hyundai will probably last a lot longer than some cars that cost 40 or 50,000 +
wvsquirrel 
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
thx bberman1
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
Your welcome reverend
AccentShow 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
I didn't mean to start a war, but it is true. I have had all my questions answered by the best, and I must say I'm VERY glad I found this site. I want to thank alllll of you for the information. You have helped me in my decision and when I finish it all up I'll post the web address for my car so you can all see how it looks. I never pay any attention to people who diss on my car, the more things people say the more I want to do things to it. Like someone said not all of us have money to buy new cars and deck them out to no end. I work a 9-5 job and I have other bills to pay, my car is a hobby and when I have extra money, I drop some of it on my car. Those people who have the money to go out and do all that to their car, more power to them. I do have to say though, I have WAYYYY more respect to people who do things themselves then people who go out and pay someone(No Offense to all of you installers). I just mean people who don't try anything just pay someone else to do it all. Well I'm done with what I have to say, everyone do their best, keep tuning, keep up with the ideas.
Best Buy Mobile Installer
Idg4ever 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  

ok you are right, and i appoligise for being rude..  good luck and i still suggest the ho alternator...  maybe a power cap will help also..  they sure look cool.. anyhow i again appoligise for my tasteless comments...

wvsquirrel wrote:
Some people have different priorities, some have enough $'s to afford it all. Regardless of a members ride or system, everyone needs to respect the wishs of others. Most of us on this site are dedicated to continued learning, and the passing on of that knowledge to others. Don't make the12volt become like the rest of the sites where newer members are scared to ask questions because others will make them feel stupid. Respect your peers, their opinions, and their feelings. Anyone can jump on someone else and rip them to shreds, but it takes something different to teach. If your not willing to be accepting or respectful of other's opinions and choices, then go somewhere else.

Idg4ever 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2003 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  

no mean to dis you..  good luck and let us know how your project goes

AccentShow wrote:
I didn't mean to start a war, but it is true. I have had all my questions answered by the best, and I must say I'm VERY glad I found this site. I want to thank alllll of you for the information. You have helped me in my decision and when I finish it all up I'll post the web address for my car so you can all see how it looks. I never pay any attention to people who diss on my car, the more things people say the more I want to do things to it. Like someone said not all of us have money to buy new cars and deck them out to no end. I work a 9-5 job and I have other bills to pay, my car is a hobby and when I have extra money, I drop some of it on my car. Those people who have the money to go out and do all that to their car, more power to them. I do have to say though, I have WAYYYY more respect to people who do things themselves then people who go out and pay someone(No Offense to all of you installers). I just mean people who don't try anything just pay someone else to do it all. Well I'm done with what I have to say, everyone do their best, keep tuning, keep up with the ideas.

AccentShow 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2003 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone I got an offer to buy a 4 channel amp that's 80w x 4 @ 4 ohms. If I turn down the gains on the front will it work, being as my door speakers are rated at 55w rms? Thanks for any input!!!!!
Best Buy Mobile Installer
wvsquirrel 
Posted: April 17, 2003 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
As long as the MAX wattage rating of your 5.25's is not under 80watts, and you turn the gains down, then you should be fine.
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic