icon

viper 5901 keeps going off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mdraha 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2010 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Basically, after I arm it, the shock sensor goes off within 10 minutes. Sometimes it even happens within 10 seconds. Usually when I hit the Arm button again (after the alarm goes off), it doesn't happen again. 1 time it actually did go off twice though.
I can't take it to my installer because every time I called them, they told me "it's your unit" since I didn't buy it from them. It was a bad move taking it to them to install it but too late now.
My car's a 2005 Pontiac Grand Am, installation was around October from what I remember and my system was brand new.
Any advice? I don't know anything about security systems so unless I get step by step instructions, I wouldn't know what to do to figure out the problem. I do have a volt meter if it's needed and if anybody can walk me through it.
orlpanda31 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2010 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
so it goes off on its own without any external interference?
did you add any other sensors to the system? has this always happened, or is it a recent occurance?
mdraha 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2010 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
It goes off for no reason at all. Just a minute ago my brother drove it home and it went off 20 seconds after he armed it. Then I armed it again. Then it went off 2 more times and I gave up and unarmed it just so that the alarm stops. I don't know what's going on. It started happening a few weeks ago and I haven't added or changed anything in the car.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2010 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
Some units have a dis-able shock sensor feature...You could put it in Valet mode and just use the keyless for the time being...Do you have either the Install or Owners manual...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2010 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

Here is the Install Guide... http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/IG/Viper/N5702V_2008_08web.pdf  ...Shock sensor settings starts on pg. 32/33... That also has the NPC feature...After a few times does it stop going off...? If that feature is turned off...Maybe try turning it on during the fix it process...?

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2010 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
The unit's diagnostics (see owner's manual) should tell what's triggering, failing that, I'm guessing the CPU has "fallen down" or there's a bloody tilt sensor triggering off.
Actually the install firm do have legal responsibility if it can be proven that it was an install rather than alarm fault.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic