08 express van dlpk issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sick srt4 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2010 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

Kind of a long story here, so I will start from the beginning:

Yes I am a certified installer, but I don't practice often as I own an HVAC company as my primary job.

2008 Chevy Express Van, with factory power locks and windows-

One of my own van's (of course it has to be mine) has had issues since day 1 with the immobilizer and DL interface.  I installed a Directed (Valet) remote start/keyless entry can't remember the model sorry.  Did the original install last year, and the RS brain has been working fine, parking lights, accessories, all in working order.

The 1st Interface module I installed was a Fortin CANSL2.  Originally, it was wired as per the directions from Fortin.  I could never get the module to properly program, however it did learn the door locks and that worked for quite some time.  A few weeks later, got another CANSL2 and called Fortin, went over all the wiring and programming over the phone, still no luck, so we popped in the new unit, still the same thing, door locks work, but the module doesnt program itself for the immobilizer.  (durring programming, the LED would never flash telling me it started learning)  Now tech support tells me to manually ground the status wire (which is labeled an output btw) durring programming.  Still nothing, same scenario.  He has be disconect a wire or two (cant remember which one), and durring learn mode, reconnect it.  Smoke and smells, the new module fries in my face.

We go back to the old module, try a few things, still the same scenario.  They told me to get another unit, again, and call back.  I said F-It the keyless works, thats my main concern, i'll get to this later when I'm not so busy at work.  About 8 months later, my worker tells me the truck battery keeps deiing overnight in his driveway.  The 3rd time it happened he charged the battery and still no start, so I go there and the dash tells me SERVICE THEFT DETTERENT SYSTEM.  I then pulled the module and reconnected the cut wires, and truck starts right up.  About 2 months later, I decide to get whatever I need from directed for the truck, the DLPK as the supply house tells me.  Open the box, oh wow, same FORTIN part, just updated with Directed name on it and now supports D2D with the new RS's.  Right away I get frustrated knowing this might not work.  Put it on the shelf for a month, then decide to attack it today and put the DLPK in.

The wiring is as follows:

http://www.bypasskit.com/getdocument.aspx?documentid=2145

It's changed a bit since I had the Fortin part, so I think, hey maybe this will work.  Change the module, re-wire as per directions, go to prog the module and nothing.....the LED lights solid as I hold the button and insert the power harness, let go of the button, plug in the others, turn the key, still sold, start the truck, still solid.  It stays solid anytime the module is powered up whether I push the button on the module or not. 

This time it doesnt even learn the door locks.  Tried hooking up the blue/wht to status wire from RS, nothing, manually ground the blue/white while programming, nothing.  Checked the wiring 200 plus times.  If I have time I'll call directed tommarow and see if they can help, but I am doubtfull I will hear anything other than, check your wiring, if not get a new unit.  Hopefully someone hear has been through this before and can lend a hand. 

monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2010 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
try this DLPK
I find that u must use the vehicle specific ones to program this the generic instructions are to cryptic most of the time.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2010 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  

i use fortin pieces all the time. i have used it on this van before without any problems or programming problems.

disconnect your gwr(status) wire to the bypass, program then reconnect. fortin modules are one of the easiest to program

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
sick srt4 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2010 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  

monty_77 wrote:
try this DLPK
I find that u must use the vehicle specific ones to program this the generic instructions are to cryptic most of the time.

That's the diagram I used.

sick srt4 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2010 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

i use fortin pieces all the time. i have used it on this van before without any problems or programming problems.

disconnect your gwr(status) wire to the bypass, program then reconnect. fortin modules are one of the easiest to program

Did that quite a few times.  No luck.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic