icon

recommendation for security system?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pbellouny 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2010 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
compustar shorted my entire electrical system out it was done "professionally" at a shop, i wouldnt recommend it, free electrical system compliment of the shop. i would recommend a dei kit they do sell diy kits that have detailed instructions. and if you buy the diy kit u can practically sit on the phone with them and they will hold ur hand through the entire process.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2010 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
Ref the pbellouny post; "Compustar shorted my entire electrical system".
In fact either a physical impossibility or someone some how managed to turn your battery around! I'd think serious libel claims from Compustar on publishing that statement.
I've no axe to grind since of the US products we only get DEI here but I speak privately with a lot of people in the trade in the US, frankly Comp, DEI, Avox etc. all make good products. It's down to the installer to make it work.
mzimmers 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2010 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
So...where do I find these DIY kits that Directed offers? That sounds like a reasonable way to go, especially if they offer phone support.
pbellouny 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2010 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged  
ur right it technically had nothing to do with compustat but everything to do with installers, however it left a bad taste in my mouth
pbellouny 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2010 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged  
Here is one of those diy kits the better of the 2 these are good but they don't offer a lot of options, https://www.directedstore.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=24927&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.exe%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dall%26searchstart%3D40%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates%5CFullNav%5CSearchResult.html%26category%3DA_SE
Sorry its so long my phone won't let me use the hyperlinks
pbellouny 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2010 at 5:17 AM / IP Logged  
Here's the other 1, https://www.directedstore.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=24926&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.exe%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dall%26searchstart%3D40%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates%5CFullNav%5CSearchResult.html%26category%3DA_SE
I want to just say a few things about these they don't have sirens, they use the vehicle horn, I don't know if they leave room for expansion I would say before you buy call and find out everything about this kit who knows maybe there are some I missed they might recommend
mzimmers 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2010 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for those suggestions. I'll take a closer look later today.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic