icon

2006 Nissan X-Trail BCM Location?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dyverdown 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
Can anyone tell me where the BCM is located on a 2006 Nissan X-Trail ???
HELP...
DyverDown
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  

Keyless module perhaps?

Tell us what you are trying to do!

The keyless module is located (accesable)  ON TOP of the dash

dyverdown 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
I am trying to get a number off the BCM that I can use to have a key programmed to start the car (I only have one as I lost the other). I managed to get a key with a chip, it is cut, but need to have the code programmed on to the key to allow it to start.
The fella that can do the programming needs the number off the BCM...
DyverDown
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 03, 2010 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
We don't have a model called the X-Trail in the U.S., but I have heard of it before.
I'm sure we have the same vehicle here, just not with the same name. Is yours a pickup or SUV? It must be either a Frontier, Pathfinder, or maybe XTerra.
Anyway, most late-model Nissans all use the same BCM, just mounted in different places and at different angles.
Do this:
1. Operate the power door locks, and listen for clicking sounds. The lock relays are inside the BCM. So, just follow the sounds.
2. Look at the photos in the following link, and you'll see some pictures of the BCM in a 2004 Maxima. You should have the same BCM, it just won't be in the same spot.
http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/showthread.php?t=10529
dyverdown 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2010 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged  
There is no "other name" for the X-Trail. It is a European vehicle, that was sold in Canada only in 2005 and 2006. It was never sold in the US. It is currently still sold in Mexico, Australia, and Europe.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2010 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
directechs normally indicates where the BCM is since theres usually a connection or 2 at the BCM for a remote start install, but not for the x-trail. only info is for the keyless module which is high in the drivers kick but accessible by removing the top of the dash like kartuneman said
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 05, 2010 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
I have a location for the ECM and it is located to the right of the glovebox behind the passenger side dash. Hopefully, this is the same module.
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2010 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
My understanding is that the Xtrail has no BCM, but rather the SECU (Smart Entrance Control Unit), similar to early 2000 Nissans. The SECU handles locks/alarm/windows/etc, but not the Immobilizer.     On these vehicles, the Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System (NVIS), is comprised of 3 elements: The Key, the key cylinder that includes the NVIS control unit (also called IMMU), and the ECM.   The validation of the key occurs in both the IMMU and the ECM.  If the key is not registered in both, the vehicle won't start.  This key registration is typically done via the Nissan CONSULTII computer (yeah, a dealer item), connected to the ECM.  I am not aware of alternate ways to program the key, but one may exist.
Lectric Guy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic