icon

tv tuner antenna doesn't work(pics)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gillAteen 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2003 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,I just bought a used moniiter and tv tuner,came with a lot of wiring and hardware,but the antenna doesn't seem to work.Rather than explain it to death,i'll post a pic to show what's wrong,I don't know a lot about these units,so I figured,I must plug into one of the plugs marked '"tv antenna".I got zero reception.Is there some connection that is missing?I tried plugging the connector into all 4 holes on tv-ant connections,I would have thought i'd get even a fuzzy pic,but nothing,and it has a booster too.

tv tuner antenna doesn't work(pics) - Last Post -- posted image.

gillAteen 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2003 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
tv tuner antenna doesn't work(pics) - Last Post -- posted image.
DanDan 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2003 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
Your trying to use the wrong antenna. That tuner requires a diversity antenna. Thats why there are 4 holes. Buy the right antenna and it should work.
DanDan
Powerslave0 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2003 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
Car antennas are completely different from terrestrial types. They basically have to see a 360 degree area in order for you to keep a picture. That's why caddies and limos have that BOOMERANG type antenna, to collect a signal from ALL around it. Directional entennas to not work with VIDEO signals unless it is NOT moving. Moving cars with a single antenna, like a CAR antenna will not work. You'll get tons of drop-outs, snow, and more. You have to have a UNI diectional antenna, like the Diversity type.
gillAteen 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2003 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  

Cool thanks,I don't know why the previous owner had that one,it doesn't work at all!tv tuner antenna doesn't work(pics) - Last Post -- posted image.

Rob

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic