icon

2005 pontiac grand prix alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
c.c.autospa305 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2011 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
I will be installing an alarm in to my sister's 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix and from briefing looking at a wiring diagram for her car I see this vehicle has two pink ignition wires. I read a note that states "there are 2 pink wires that test as an ignition wire. To check for the correct pink ignition wire, place the key in the ignition switch but do not turn to the ON position. Try the remote starter, if the KEY in the IGNITION CHIME turns on, you are energizing the correct pink wire." Therein lies my problem. My sister doesn't have a keyless entry remote to remote start the car with and that is the way she bought the vehicle. Yes, I'm sure the vehicle has the feature on it but how do I go about testing for the correct ignition wire without the keyless entry remote to remote start the vehicle? BTW, I'm not sure which brand alarm she will purchase for me to install but I know all, or at least most, alarms have an ingition/starter immobilizer that will require an input in the starter/ignition circuit.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2011 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
According to my paperwork there is only one pink wire in the same plug as the others listed...make sure you trace the wire from the correct plug at the base of the key cylinder and all should go well.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2011 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
Just saw you are doing an alarm, i am assuming you are not doing a remote start. There may be a large pink wire by the fusebox if the fusebox is located on the passenger side of the center console, if all you need is an input to the alarm.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 601
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 17, 2011 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
12 Volts     red (50A)     +     back of fuse box, passenger dash
Second 12 Volts     red (40A)     +     back of fuse box, passenger dash
Starter     yellow     +     ignition harness or BCM, conn. C1, pin 21
The BCM (Body Control Module) is below the driver side dash to the left of the steering column.
Second Starter     N/A          
Ignition     pink     +     ignition harness or BCM, conn. C1, pin 22
The BCM (Body Control Module) is below the driver side dash to the left of the steering column. There are two pink wires in the BCM plug that meter as ignition. To verify that the correct wire is being energized for remote start, slide the key in the ignition key cylinder and then activate remote start. If the key in ignition warning chime comes on, then the correct wire is being energized.
Second Ignition     N/A          
Third Ignition     N/A          
Accessory     brown     +     ignition harness or BCM, conn. C1, pin 23
The BCM (Body Control Module) is below the driver side dash to the left of the steering column.
Second Accessory     N/A          
Third Accessory     N/A          
Keysense     lt. green     -     ignition harness or BCM, conn. C1, pin 40
The BCM (Body Control Module) is below the driver side dash to the left of the steering column. If the service security lights comes on during remote start or after key takeover, see Tech Doc 1502.
Data Bus     BLACK/ white (keyless link)     data     BCM, conn. C1, pin 37
Can Bus High               
Can Bus Low               
Can Bus Sw     purple     data     data link connector under driver dash, pin 2
Power Lock     RED / black     -     BCM, conn. C2, pin 2
Power Unlock     ORANGE / black     -     BCM, conn. C2, pin 11
Lock Motor     gray     5wi     BCM, conn. C2, pin 52
Driver Unlock Motor     tan     5wi     BCM, conn. C2, pin 46
Passenger Unlock Motor     tan     5wi     BCM, conn. C2, pin 51
Parking Lights (-)     BROWN / white     -     BCM, 18 pin plug, pin 8
Parking Lights (+)     brown     +     front of fuse box, passenger dash
Hazards     tan     -     BCM, 18 pin plug, pin 16
Turn Signal (Left)     use hazards wire          
Turn Signal (Right)     use hazards wire          
Headlight     white     -     BCM, 18 pin plug, pin 7
AutoLights               
Reverse Light     lt. green     +     BCM, conn. C2, pin 42
Left Front Door Trigger     see notes     -     BCM, conn. C2
The driver door trigger is gray/black in pin 26, the front passenger door is BLACK/ white in pin 17, the left rear door is lt. blue/black in pin 7, and the right rear door is lt. GREEN/ black in pin 5. Use all four wires and diode isolate each. The BCM (Body Control Module) is below the driver side dash to the left of the steering column.
Right Front Door Trigger               
Left Rear Door Trigger               
Right Rear Door Trigger               
Dome Supervision     gray/black     +     BCM, conn. C1, pin 43
Trunk/Hatch Pin     RED / black     -     BCM, conn. C2, pin 3
Rear Glass Pin               
Hood Pin     pink/black     -     BCM, conn. C1, pin 26
Trunk/Hatch Release     lt. blue     +     BCM, conn. C2, pin 45
Trunk Release Motor               
Fuel Door Release               
Power Sliding Door (Left)     N/A          
Power Sliding Door (Right)               
Factory Alarm Arm     lt. green     -     BCM, conn. C2, pin 22
Factory Alarm Disarm     purple     -     BCM, conn. C2, pin 24
Disarm No Unlock     see factory alarm disarm          
Trunk Alarm Shunt               
Tachometer     white     ac     ignition control module, pin E
The ignition control module is on top of the engine towards the passenger side.
Wait to Start     N/A          
Neutral Safety               
Clutch Pedal               
Fuel Pump               
Rear Defroster               
Mirror Defroster               
Left Front Heated Seat               
Right Front Heated Seat               
Speed Sense     dk. green          TAC module, pin 4
The TAC (Throttle Actuator Control) module is on top of the engine on the throttle assembly.
Brake Wire     white     +     BCM, conn. C2, pin 30
Parking Brake     ORANGE / black     -     BCM, conn. C2, pin 9
Horn Trigger     black     -     BCM, conn. C1, pin 4
Wipers     lt. blue (L), lt. green (H)     -     BCM, 18 pin plug, pins 5 and 18
Left Front Window (Up/Down)     dk. blue - brown     A     driver window switch in door
Right Front Window (Up/Down)     lt. blue - tan     A     driver kick, door harness
Left Rear Window (Up/Down)     dk. green - purple     A     driver kick, door harness
Right Rear Window (Up/Down)     lt. green - purple     A     driver kick, door harness
Sun Roof (Open/Close)     blue - green     A     sunroof motor
Sun Roof (Limit/Close)     red     -     sunroof motor
Memory Seat 1     N/A          
Memory Seat 2     N/A          
Memory Seat 3     N/A          
Radio 12V     orange     +     radio harness
Radio Ground     BLACK/ white     -     radio harness
Radio Ignition     (Class 2 Serial Data)          
Radio Illumination     gray (dimmer)     +     radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on     same as power antenna wire          
Power Antenna     purple     +     radio harness
Left Front Speaker (+/-)     tan - gray     +,-     radio harness or amplifier
The amplifier is under the rear deck.
Right Front Speaker (+/-)     lt. green - dk. green     +,-     radio harness or amplifier
Left Rear Speaker (+/-)     brown - yellow     +,-     radio harness or amplifier
Right Rear Speaker (+/-)     dk. blue - lt. blue     +,-     radio harness or amplifier
Gary Sather
c.c.autospa305 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2011 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
racerjames76 wrote:
Just saw you are doing an alarm, i am assuming you are not doing a remote start. There may be a large pink wire by the fusebox if the fusebox is located on the passenger side of the center console, if all you need is an input to the alarm.
Yes, I'm only doing an alarm and NO remote start. So I just need the ignition input for the alarm.
c.c.autospa305 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2011 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
BTW, just got the alarm and it is a Viper 350 Plus.....
c.c.autospa305 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2011 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
Alarm installed smoothly and operates properly. Next question, I realize this particular alarm system doesn 't have an output to honk the vehicle's horn during an alarm trigger. I was wondering if it is possible to use a relay hookup to another output during an alarm trigger that may allow for the horn to honk? I was thinking about the parking light output of the alarm but that may honk the horn with each arm & disarm of the alarm, which I really don't mind happening. Any and all help and suggestions are greatly appreciated. And thanks to help already offered by tonanzith and racerjames.   

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic