2004 suburban viper 5301 bdball

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deggers 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2012 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all,
I have installed a Viper 5301 and bdball (referbs) in D2D mode in my 2004 Suburban.
The Keypad-lock on the 7251(V) remote will not work if I have the Page Mode set to off. I believe that I have the 7251 version of the remote even though it is labeled 7251V inside the rear cover. I only have three options for the paging option; on, off and flashing. There is no double flash option. The keypad lock will work if I choose paging on or power saver mode, however. Is this a known issue?
The other thing that I am trying to get working is the rear defroster. I have tried programming the "Status 2 Output" to pulse rear defogger and latch rear defogger with no success. I am not sure if the dball is supposed to turn this on with a serial data signal, or does it have to be hard wired? The DirectWire Vehicle Information sheet for my '04 says that the Rear Defroster is wired to the BCM, and the Mirror Defroster is serial data. However, both of these functions are activated simultaneously by a momentary switch below my heater controls.
Overall the install went pretty well. My heated seats work, and that was one of my main priorities.
The DEI documentation is horrible at best. It might as well be a poor to-English translation. Anyone who gets one of these installs on the first try deserves a gold star ;-)
I have six Pdf's currently open to cover everything I needed for the install. Ridiculous!
Thanks in advance,
Duane
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  

I just tried the keypad lock on my remotes in all three of the paging modes. No problems. Keypad will lock automaticly in all three modes. You may have a defective remote or you could try to selete all remotes and then reprogram them back to the 5301.

Rear Defrost, What do you have the 2nd status wire connected to?  From the DB-ALL instructions, I don't see where the DB-ALL will do that function. Might have to look at hardwiring that one.

Where in WI are you located? I am about an hour north of Wausau.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
deggers 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2012 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Smokeman1,
Thanks for the reply. I can try deleting the remotes. Would moving the remote to a distance out-of-range of the vehicle be a good test? ie. Do you think the RS is still trying to communicate with the remote, and that is what is preventing it from locking the keypad?
I do not have the 2nd status wire connected yet. (I was hoping for d2d)
I'm located in Fond du Lac / Mayville.
Regards,
Duane
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  

Moving out beyond the range will not do anything to help the remote. You can pull the fuse on the H1/2 Red power wire and acheive the same thing as having no communication between the remote and the Viper 5301.  I have had a couple of these units where the remotes were just not right. You could try pulling the batteries for a while, see if that does anything. Not a big deal, get a new remote from E-Bay or get one from Best Buy and program it to your Viper. Most of the ones I have installed have had no problems, with the exception of the very flimsy back cover.

Having the rear defrost power up during remote start is really sweet. Especially in Wisconsin.

deggers 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
The remote is still under warranty from the seller on ebay, so if removing the batteries for a while does not work, I'll send it back.
I did have the heated mirrors come on this morning! But the rear defrost will have to be wired it looks like.
Rear Defroster      white     - latched      BCM, gray plug, pin A8
Is there a document that will tell me exactly what the dball will and will not do for me? I do have the dball-gm4_en_ig_vm20120501.pdf, but it does not show the rear defroster connection. (probably because it is coming from the RS)
The list from expresskit shows that everything should work for me.
Thanks again, you've been a great help.
Duane
2004 Chevrolet Suburban: DB-ALL
W2W
CC-Heated Mirrors
CC-Heated Seats Activation
CC-Power Mirror Memory
CC-Power Seat Memory
CC-Radio Channel Memory
CC-Rear Window Defogger Activation
DL-Arm Factory Security
DL-Disarm Factory Security
DL-Door Lock Control
DL-Door Unlock
DL-Driver Priority Unlock
DL-Trunk / Hatch Release
PK-Immobilizer Bypass-Data No Key Req'd
RS-RAP Shut Down (Retained ACC Power)
RS-Tach / RPM Output
SS-Entry Monitoring Front Door Pins
D2D
CC-Heated Mirrors
CC-Heated Seats Activation
CC-Power Mirror Memory
CC-Power Seat Memory
CC-Radio Channel Memory
CC-Rear Window Defogger Activation
DL-Arm Factory Security
DL-Disarm Factory Security
DL-Door Lock Control
DL-Door Unlock
DL-Driver Priority Unlock
DL-Trunk / Hatch Release
FOB-Control of aftermarket alarm with OEM remote
PK-Immobilizer Bypass-Data No Key Req'd
RS-RAP Shut Down (Retained ACC Power)
RS-Tach / RPM Output
SS-Entry Monitoring Driver Door Pin
SS-Entry Monitoring Front Door Pins
SS-Factory Alarm Trigger Monitoring
ST-Ignition Status
ST-Keysense Status
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
something you could check, it may not turn on the indicator for the rear defrost but might actually be on.  Meter the grid connections and each side of the window. 
Advanced
smokeman1 
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
Excellent point Dasbogie
deggers 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the tip dasbogie.
I was in a bit of a hurry this morning so I only felt the mirrors and they were warm. I don't think the rear was on because there was a light frost and I pressed the button to turn on the defogger and I think it melted it almost instantly. I will double check again tomorrow.
Thanks!!
Duane

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic