icon

auto page alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lostcircuit1 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2013 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all of you guys in the forum, last year I paid to a professional alarm installer to install an auto page rf350 alarm in my 96 Honda accord and works well but as I park the car close to my neighbor's room, now they complain that my alarm turns on by it self since long time ago. So I took the car back to the installer and explained him the situation, he charged me $15 supposed for adjusting the actuators that they were loos a bit he said that not me, and adjusted the shock sensor but the problem is still the same, so now the supposed professional installer said there's nothing else he can do about it. I got disappointed about this prof inst. please any help or advise will be appreciated thanks in adv.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 10, 2013 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
Doesn't sound like this installer is trying to stand behind his work.
Regardless, do this:
1: Find the owner's manual for your alarm, or try to look it up online. Autopage is going through a change in ownership right now, so you may have some trouble with this.
2: Learn how to use the alarm's LED indicator to figure out which "zone" of the alarm was triggered last time the alarm went off.
A better explanation:
---Park car, arm alarm.
---Wait for alarm to false.
---There should be some way to observe the LED and it will show if the alarm was triggered by a door, trunk, hood, or shock sensor.
That's basically the first step in figuring out why it's falsing. You want to figure out which zone is falsing before going further.
lostcircuit1 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I found the autopage installation & users manual, and I'm not sure but I think that this guy tried to adjust the shock sensor and did not save the changes in the transmitter because that's what I did, adjusted shock sensor at half way down and saved the changes and two nights have gone already and until now the alarm has been steady on. I hope no more noise in the night for my neighbors. so thanks a lot for your time and helping me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic