icon

control viper 5701 with factory remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skitzo315 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2013 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2004 Mazda3 with a Viper 5701 alarm & remote start installed. I was wondering if there was a way to set it up so that I can arm and disarm the Viper alarm using the factory remote. I'm not really concerned about remote starting the car with the factory remote but if that's possible as well, it would be a plus. Thanks!
Lead, follow or get out of the way.
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
why do u want to install that and kill your range with a factory remote?
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
+1 to PTS. To answer your question, I don't believe DEI units have a wired arm / disarm input. The only units that I know of with an optional arm / disarm wired input are the Compustar alarm units. The only way to get the Viper to remote start via the OEM remote would be to connect the WHITE/ blue activation input wire to your factory lock wire and change the activation pulse count to 3. Then you would just press lock 3 times to remote start.... but timing can be a PITA.
Either way, probably not worth it since your range will be minimal.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
skitzo315 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
I should also mention that I have a Viper SmartStart installed so range isn't really an issue for me. As it stands, I don't even need to carry a fob but it's much easier to just hit a lock on the fob when getting out of the car than pull out my phone, open up the app and arm the system. I hate the Viper fob and would just prefer to arm and disarm the system with the factory fob if it's possible.
Lead, follow or get out of the way.
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
as "offroadzj" says looks like your only option is to switch to Compusttar or deal with the hassle of getting your phone out cause I know there is no way to interface with DEI "brillance" with what you want to do.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic