the12volt.com spacer
icon

DEI 4x10 Install, 2010 Acura TL w/Manual Transmission Problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lc6888 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2019 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lc6888
Hello,
I am running into some issues with my install of a Directed 4x10 with an MC501 relay pack into a 2010 ACURA TL w/manual trans and smart key. I flashed the module and it programmed fine. It learned the tach. as per the instructions. However when I try to remote start it would try 3 times but not crank the engine and then the dash would display "please insert key into keyless slot".
Any help would be greatly appreciated, wiring has been checked over and is exactly as the Directed 4x10 install manual states but will gladly recheck or redo if anyone knows of any issues or errors with the way the manual shows to connect everything.
Here is the order in which I get the car into remote start mode:
1. Start car with key with all doors closed.
2. Apply foot brake and cycle the parking brake lever
3. hit remote start button on LinkRT2 (4x10 is configured for smartphone control and factory FOB 3x Start)
4. The 4x10 module then flashes orange/red to indicate the command is received. The car also flashes the parking lights 5x (not sure if that is an issue).
5. I exit the car and close doors with engine running
6. I hit lock button on LinkRT2 and it shuts car off so that it is in "manual transmission ready" mode.
7. I try to remote start with either the factory key fob (3x start) or use the LinkRT2 smartphone control- car ignition and accessories turn on but then shuts off, car tries 3 times and "insert key into Keyless slot" displays on dash. Car never cranks but does try remote starting 3 times.
I did not hook up the GREEN heavy gauge wire to the car on the MC501 relay pack, as it did not show it being connected to anything on the diagram and in the manual says to only connect for starter disable and anti-grind applications which I did not install. Would this affect the remote starter?
Anyone run into this issue and have a fix? I'd greatly appreciate any helper
Thanks,
Luke
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 409
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2019 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
Heavy Gauge Green is not required.. it's for "starter kill / anti-grind"
when you did the programming, of the 4X10, you put the key in the keyport, and pressed the "start button" twice? the led went solid green and then off?
lc6888 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2019 at 5:32 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lc6888
Thanks for replying, found the problem yesterday, the relay I used to bypass clutch switch was bad out of the box (didn't suspect it since everything was new). Started checking the basics again and I tried to remote start again in the car with my foot on clutch and it started. swapped the clutch bypass relay and all is working now thanks again!
Luke

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic