icon

Help Parking & foot brake sequence

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
willb 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  

This may be an inappropriate question, however, i will ask it anyway.  Is there a way of avoiding goinging through the parking and foof brake?  If there is can anyone provide the directions.   This set up of going through the parking brake seems to be only providing a ground.  if this is the case can i simply grount the unit to the car?  thank you in advance.

will

Powerslave0 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 5:59 AM / IP Logged  
Are you trying to say, you have a Video system that only works when the parking brake is ingaged? The parking brake does supply the unit with a "sense" ground, because it does have a MAIN ground and power. If so, usually, all you need to do it ground it to a direct source.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
wrong.. aparently you are using a alpine unit cause only alpine requires to wires one pos and one neg to allow video.
the sequence is easy . it can be done using one toggle and one, push button switch, or a toggle and the foot brake,....
there is two wires on the alpine units one yellow/black + , and a yellow/blue -   to do this there is two ways. take the yellow black wire and connect it to the cold side of the foot brake (this wire will show positive only when the foot brake is pressed) than take a toggle switch and connect one terminal to ground and connect the other terminal to the yellow/blue wire of the alpine unit. this will mimik the hand brake or ebrake. the sequence is
push brake and hold,
flip toggle. the toggle has to hit the on position three times so its on-off-on-off-on.. leaving the switch in the on pos.
let g if brake this will allow the video to show , this has to be done each time car is turned on.
second way is to, take a push button valet style momentary switch and connect on wire t acc power 12 volts and connect the other wire to the yellow/black of the alpine unit. and do the same thing with the toggle switch. as above stated.
sequence:
push and hold button in. flip switch three times leaving it in the on position
let go of push button and your good.
on-off-on-off-on.    the alpine unit has to see both pos and negative this way you will be able to drive with video on.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
csorb 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
Does this mean to say that if it were connected as they want you to, you would have to push and release your parking brake three times? This seems like a heck of a lot of trouble especially if you don't have a hand-brake. I just spent an hour trying to get the video to come on until I read this post. Thanks Will for bringing it up.
xetmes 
Silver - Posts: 586
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
if you want i can probably design a circuit to do all that crap with just 1 press of a button, i dont know but if you want let me know  Help Parking & foot brake sequence - Last Post -- posted image. . Just to make sure, it has to have a constant positive on one wire, then after that it needs 3 ground pulses on the other wire? do that have to be long pulses? let me know it you want me to do this.
willb 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2003 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

thank you everyone.   your advise has been very helpful.

thank you again

will  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic