the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Question about sub enclosure ports

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2003 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, got a question on a port design I hadn't seen discussed on here. I'm used to seeing the normal "pipe" ports and seeing alot of "slot" ports nowadays but do any of you guys ever do an "accordian style" port?? Just curious because that is the kind of port design they used on the box for my Diamond's and I had never heard of or seen anything like that before. It does a great job regardless, just wondering why I hadn't seen it mentioned before.
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2003 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
Are you referring to a Transmission Line System like this one, or does the port actually look like the ribs of an accordian?
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
tdsteele 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2003 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
That looks alot similar yes, basically i see a vertical slot on the same side that the subs are mounted to, it runs to the back of the box, then across the back twice and on the 3rd run there is just a piece about 3 inches wide. The place that did it called it an "accordian" style. Was just curious as to the advantages of this style port since it is definately more complicated then the standard piece of pipe or slot ports.
tdsteele 
Posted: June 25, 2003 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
Any other thoughts on this design?? Kinda reminds me of some of the Bose home speaker systems.
ViperFreak_01 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2003 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
Although I haven't seen one personally, but it sounds an aweful lot like a wave-guide of sorts...almost turning the box into a horn rather than a ported enclosure...how are the subs mounted?
tdsteele 
Posted: June 25, 2003 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
Subs are mounted facing just like normal, side by side(each has its own enclosure). By looking at the outside of the box you would never really notice its not a normal box, with maybe the exception of the slot openings for the ports being roughly 2 inches wide and the height of the box, roughly a foot. Here, i'll put a pic on here so you can see the what the outside looks like.Question about sub enclosure ports - Last Post -- posted image.
tdsteele 
Posted: June 25, 2003 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
Question about sub enclosure ports - Last Post -- posted image.
tdsteele 
Posted: June 25, 2003 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah it workedQuestion about sub enclosure ports - Last Post -- posted image., sorry bout the small blurry pic but had to use a different format and it didnt like it but you get the point, thanks guys.
ViperFreak_01 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2003 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
That's a new one to me (accordian ports)...Not at all like I was thinking...I guess it's never too late to teach an old dog new tricks eh?
tdsteele 
Posted: June 26, 2003 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
Any installers have any comments on this one?? Anyone else out there ever have a enclosure set up like this??

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic